20

He's running

He's running. I'm trying to enjoy the running with him. He lets me feel the air on our face, ruffling through the fur on our back. It almost feels like when Abel scratched it. The wolf liked that. He's annoyed we're not always shifting at home now, but I don't want that. Not until he learns not to piss in the corners.

He's happy tonight. The air is getting cooler, and the wolf enjoys the cold much more than the heat. It's in the autumn he starts becoming himself, the transformation finished come winter.

We're on much better terms this time around. We're not battling for control. I let him do his thing and he lets me watch. Lets me learn. I don't find his running as annoyingly bothersome either. It's actually kind of fun. I can see why he enjoys it.

We stop by a stream, dipping our paws into it. The wolf makes a content grunt and laps a few sips of water into his mouth. Then something catches his scent. He knows what it is immediately. Smells weird.

I woke up in the woods

I woke up in the woods. My body was aching, and I didn't understand a thing. We had been on such good terms and then he pushed me out. My head was aching, and I couldn't remember anything after the stream. Bastard.

I struggled to my feet, painfully aware of how much it hurt to walk on the withered pine-covered floor. I didn't even know where I was, and I had no clue how to get back. This wasn't a part of the forest I'd been to before.

I groaned out of frustration and looked to the sky. Right. The sun sets in the west, and my house... What the fuck was I even on about, I knew fuckall about the direction of my house.

"You lost, boy?"

I froze, something cold drippling down my spine. I turned slowly to find an old woman standing beneath one of the smaller pine trees.

"Uh..."

"We've all been there, deary. Come. I'll help you with some clothes."

I didn't even know what to say or what to do. I think she could tell because she waved at me, rushing me to follow her. So... I did. At the very least she could maybe help me find some clothes.