5

Chapter 4

"Obito…" Naruto echoed. "Who is that?"

"…one of the members of the original team seven." Kakashi said with a sigh, before briefly lifting up his headband to expose his Sharingan. "He's the one who gave me this eye. He saved my life, you see. And…well…he never got the chance to find another gift to congratulate me with for being promoted to jounin."

No one could find the right words to say, though Gai placed a hand on Kakashi's shoulder and squeezed tight. Kurenai did likewise to one of Kakashi's arms, and he nodded once after a moment.

"Hmm?" Kakashi hummed before answering. "I guess we did. Though that's only because Obito needed to visit the toilet. They should be coming along soon enough."

"Really, Kakashi-sensei," Sakura began. "Obito's already five. Why don't you simply marry Shizune-san already? It's not like she'll say no, you know?"

"Kakashi," Tsunade said with a beaming smile that had the man suddenly sweating and everyone nearby taking a step back. "Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

"W-w-w-what do you mean, Tsunade-sama?" he asked.

"Oh I don't know…other than the fact that you got Shizune pregnant before you married her!" Tsunade exploded. "And even after the fact, you couldn't be bothered to do the responsible thing either!"

"Oh gods…!" Shizune wailed, letting her burning red face fall into her hands.

"I-it hasn't happened yet!" Kakashi stammered out, before his eye widened as he realized it was the utterly wrong thing to say.

"Yet?" Tsunade echoed. "So there's something between you and Shizune already? Kakashi, you little pervert, I swear if you don't start talking right now I'll squish you like a bug!"

"No…that's not what I…!" Kakashi struggled to explain himself, even as veins began to throb on Tsunade's forehead.

"Tsunade-sama!" Shizune said, latching onto her teacher's forearm. "There's really no need for that! I mean…something…might, begin in the future, but right now there's really nothing between Kakashi and me. So please calm down already."

Tsunade ground her teeth, and mentally counting to ten, took a deep breath to calm down. She gave a look at Shizune, who sheepishly rubbed the back of her head while letting go of Tsunade's arm. "So," Tsunade began. "There's nothing between you right now?"

"No! Absolutely not, Tsunade-sama!"

"For now." Tsunade ground out before pointing a finger at Kakashi in warning. "I'm warning you, Kakashi. If something grows between you, I expect you to treat her properly. If not…well, you know what I'm going to do to you."

Kakashi sighed in resignation. "Yes, Tsunade-sama." He said.

"But…" Tenten whispered, and Ino nodded.

"If the recording is to be trusted," she said also in a whisper. "Wasn't that whole exchange just now pointless?"

"Then again," Tenten continued. "Who said you have to be married to have kids with each other?"

"Yeah, how old-fashioned." Ino agreed. "Besides, it's not like Kakashi-sensei nor Shizune-san are the old-fashioned sort, are they?"

"I don't think they are."

"Oh, and didn't Tsunade-sama call Kakashi-sensei a little pervert? He does read those books by Jiraiya-sama, after all."

Tenten gasped. "You don't think…" she said only to trail off.