Chapter 04

Day offs.

Levi still couldn't get his head wrapped around that word. He was cleaning his office when it occurred to him that it was his day off tomorrow and the next day.

Ever since living under Kenny's roof, the raven Alpha never experienced day-offs. There were always classes when he was young and various activities and then when he grew older, he had a company to run and a handful of workers to manage. There are no such things as day offs in Levi's vocabulary.

Blue-stormy eyes landed on the clock that hangs on the wall. It's almost time to close the bar and go home. He had two days free from work and mind as well. He planned on spending it cleaning the house and taking care of his son. But when Adrial's asleep and the house is spotless, what then?

Levi dropped on his chair and stared up at the ceiling, thinking of what better to do to maximize his two days off when one of the bartenders, if the raven recalled, his name was Farlan, popped up from his doorway.

"Hey, Mr. Ackerman, right?" The ash blonde Alpha called him with a small smile. Farlan was tall, and Levi's no longer surprised about that one, the other Alpha was still in his uniform, white shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows,  black vest, and slacks, unlike the other bartender who wears a bow tie, Rose Wall's bartenders wore a necktie.

"Just Levi," the raven suggested. He didn't want to be called an Ackerman anymore after everything that had happened.

"Right," Farlan shot him a cheeky smile. "It's closing time but before you go, I wanted you to try the new mix I made."

Levi's eyebrows shot up with interest. He was already pushing himself off his chair. "Sure."

"Let's go at the front. I need everyone's opinion before I endorse it to Pixis to add it to the menu," Farlan explain as they were walking to the bar.

Seeing the bar empty with only soft music in the background was relaxing. Some of the lights were out, giving the area a dim glow and a tranquil feeling.

The raven help himself to one of the stools in the bar and waved at Hange who was still busy cleaning up.

"Hey! Levi! Finally, you left your tiny office cave!" Hange exclaimed and wave her arms around like a frantic beast.

"Shut the fuck up," The raven Alpha hissed at her.

Farlan chuckled as he prepared the glass and slide it on the counter. Levi stared at the drink before him, appreciating the amber liquid, he picked up the glass and took a whiff of the smell. The drink had earthy tones in it and had more alcohol content. He took a sip.

It was not bad.

"How was it?" Farlan asked, eager to hear the raven's response.

"It's not bad, a bit too much alcohol on the side," Levi said honestly. "But that's just my personal preference, however, on some stressful days, I can see myself ordering perhaps three rounds of this."

"Yep, that's what I'm aiming for. New folks came in, looking stressed and all. I wanted to make something that would help their mood," the ash-blonde Alpha explained.

That's what Levi likes about Wall Rose, some drinks were made not for the masses but were mixed for a specific customer. Before Levi had no idea that Hange mixed his drink that suited his taste and lifestyle, the raven thought he was ordering what others were ordering too, it was then Hange explained that that's how Pixes run the place. There are always the common drinks you found in the bar but there are more unique mixes that were only served to specific customers. That's why they have so many regulars.

Levi stayed a little longer, watching and listening to Hange and Farlan as they talked about the new customers that walk in and planned a personalized drink to fit the customer's tastes and moods. Just by listening to the bartenders, Levi learned so much. He understood now why Hange asked a lot of questions and made sure to make the conversation going when the raven stepped into the bar for the first time for a regular drink. On his second return, Levi was served a unique mix and not the usual whiskey and ice. That's how he kept coming back