Chapter 5

"What are your excuses now? That Lumine told you to pick me up?" Scaramouche put his both hands on his waist, as he fiercely looked at Aether who got out of his car.

Scaramouche wasn't the type to assume something. Even though his instincts were telling him that Aether was here because he was waiting for him to finish the job earlier, with that thought, he can't even swallow it.

So he never assumed anything. He doesn't expect anything. However, right now, his instincts prove to be right. Because Aether was fucking here all day because he was waiting for him.

And that made Scaramouche nervous and annoyed.

Aether didn't answer.

"It's already getting late." It was the only thing he ever said, while Scaramouche was here, fuming mad.

Scaramouche was speechless. What the actual fuck is this? Is Aether toying with him? And thought it was funny?

"My home was just walking distance."

"And? You want to be sick again today?" The tone becomes rough, he looks at Scaramouche sharply as if Scaramouche had done something he didn't like. That made Scaramouche shallow because he is for sure, Aether was using his dominant side to Scaramouche who he knew, can't defy it.

"Fuck you." Is the only thing that Scaramouche can reply to. Aether just shook his head and opened the other door of the front seat where Scaramouche just stared.

"What?" Aether asked, realizing that Scaramouche was just staring and not moving.

"... You're a playboy," Scaramouche muttered as he opened the door of the backseat and closed it with a bang. Not caring that it will leave a scratch in the car. Aether was wealthy enough to fix it or buy another one. Scaramouche doesn't care, he was fucking annoyed.

How can he not be annoyed? If he was Aether's lover, and Aether made someone sit on his supposed seat as a lover, he will probably feel and think that Aether didn't care about his feelings because he let someone sit on his rightful seat as a partner and will feel jealous.

"Such an asshole," Scaramouche whispered, it was not a whisper because Aether heard it correctly.

Scaramouche glared at Aether who was puzzled by his action. And to think because of his words, he made Aether freeze on his feet while staring at him, looking like he was asking what's the problem now. Scaramouche wanted to laugh.

"You said it was already late, so what are you waiting for?" Scaramouche titled his head, looking impatient.

"I'm amused by how fast your mood changes," Aether commented as he goes inside and close the door. Scaramouche didn't reply and watched him start the engine of the car.

Aether glanced at Scaramouche.

"Don't have the plan to sleep?" He asked.

"And let me wonder what the fuck happened when I'm asleep? No way." Scaramouche learned his lesson now. Especially when his moms didn't want to say what happened.

"Nothing happened."

"Tell my mom about that." And his moms will probably laugh.

"I should be the one asking you. Why are you working when you just recovered from an illness?"

"I just lacked sleep that's why. Who said I wasn't allowed to work? It was temporary work because Kazuha had some business to do."

"About his marriage?"

"Someone had been gossiping I see." Scaramouche sarcastically muttered. He wasn't surprised at all. Lumine's family had many connections throughout the world. It's not surprising that Aether knows about this.