47 | [mason gregory scott]

x

She visited my dreams often. The first girl I ever loved, I mean.

Her bright eyes were etched into my mind, her beautiful smile etched into my heart. There was a halo over her every time I glanced at her. Even now, I still thought of her.

I was madly in love with Grace Dragomir.

Grace was Tyson's twin sister and she had always stuck around her siblings. Grace and Shannon, despite being sisters, couldn't have been more different. I never thought of Grace as anything more than Avery's little sister, but as we grew up, she became increasingly painfully difficult to ignore. There was no other way to put itGrace became hot.

I have to admit that I was initially only attracted to her because of her looks. Silver eyes, dimples, and pouty lips. One day, out of the blue, she suddenly caught my eye and I couldn't stop thinking of her.

If she were any other person's sister, I would have slept with her. Maybe dated her for a while. Instead, I kept my distance from her, like every other guy, because Avery would've knocked the shit out any guy that even looked at Grace the wrong way. He was overprotective of Grace for some reason. It was common knowledge Grace wasn't interested in dating. Her brother was more than happy to enforce that. 

Not to mention, Avery was my best friend. Grace Dragomir was off limits.

I really did try to keep my distance. She fell into my life by accident, I swear.

One day on Blue Blood island, I was walking past one of the many rooms of the Dragomir Manor when I heard singing that rang through the empty hallway. It was the sort of singing that made you wonder how sad the singer was.

I meant to walk away but I loved music. My parents were award winning artistsI could not resist a good voice. It was my dream to win a Grammy. Slowly, I followed the melody up to the doorway of an airy sunroom. Grace sat with her back to me, but I could recognize her silhouette anywhere. I listened quietly as she finished her song. Her voice was clear, sweet. A perfect reflection of her, I thought. I was in awe. She sounded like an angel.

I must have made a noise at some point because Grace abruptly stopped, startled, and turned. "Mason? What-" Her confusion turned to irritation. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough," I responded, blinking out of the trance she had put me into. The glow around her intensified. "I had no idea you were a singer." A better one than me, I meant.

Grace pursed her lips and my gaze flickered to them. "You weren't supposed to listen to my singing."

Ouch. "Why not?" 

Grace shrugged, standing. "Usually when I want something to be a secret, it stays one."

"I guess I'm an exception," I tried to joke.

She raised her eyebrow, unimpressed. "You were snooping." 

Grace got up to leave, annoyance written everywhere on her face. The urge for her to stay overwhelmed me. I panicked, not wanting her to leave.

"Wait, Grace-" I moved forward to grip her wrist, but I hissed at the pain the movement brought me.

Grace stopped and noticed the long nasty gash and blood dripping down the side of my arm. I tried to shift away the wound to shield her from the violence rooted in my life but Grace held my arm in place to examine it.

Grace stayed silent for a long moment before sighing, full of disappointment. "You've been playing games with my brother's friends."

"They're my friends too," I reminded her, noting the disgust on her face. It was no secret she hated them. No secret she hated her older sister, Shannon.