Chapter 24

Violet

"I feel so out of shape right now." B pants slumping against the brick wall. She had the brilliant idea to sign us up for the marathon to some charity now we have to practice every night.

"I hate you." I say breathing heavily. "How dare you sign up a pregnant lady for a marathon."

"You weren't pregnant at the time!" She huffs. The lights in the alley that were currently taking a breather in are starting to flicker.

"Crap. We're gonna get kidnapped." I mumble backing away to from the flickering lights.

"Why would you say that?" She gasps.

"We're two women standing alone in an alley! At night!" Both of our heads snap to the noise coming from the dumpster.

"Run!" She shrieks. I take huge gulps of air feeling my lungs burn as we run through the murky alley.

"Gotta pee." I pant holding my stomach as we run.

"No time to pee!" She yells before I hear a thud. "Ah!"

She's tripped over a freaking boulder. I look around noticing we're now surrounded by stores. I think we're fine here.

"You ok?" I ask hovering over her. She scowls at me, "I think I sprained my ankle."

"Brielle laurels!" I gasp. "Take. That. Back. You signed us up for this and I am not running this marathon alone!"

"Jee, thanks for the concern." She mumbles reaching for my hand. "Still gotta pee?" She asks pointing to the gas station next to us.

"Oh yes." I sigh in relief running to the gas station. As soon as I lock the stall door I'm squirming to pull my shorts down.

I quickly do my business wash my hands and knock on Brie's stall. "Hurry!"

"The paper won't stay on the toilet!" She groans. An elderly woman walks in giving me a stage look as I bang on Brie's stall.

My phone vibrates in my hand making me look away from the woman.

Aless: amore, care to explain why I just watched your location go all across town at this time in the night?

I purse my lips, I sorta forget Aless made me wear a tracker since someone followed me the other day.

B and I are training for the marathon.

Aless: amore no. It's way too late for both of you to be out there alone. Especially in an alley.

We're already done. Heading home now.

I push my phone back into my pocket, "I'm going to go look at the snacks!" I holler as I walk out of the bathroom. I head for the sour candy section feeling my mouth water as I see all the options.

I pick out a few different ones to suffice my craving. A little tap on the glass window beside me has my ears perking up. I watch the window curiously waiting to see if another noise will come. A tiny pebble hits the glass making me flinch.

My eyes look around to see who's throwing the pebbles and my entire body freezes. He's just standing there, watching me. Why? Another bigger rock is the window making me jump backwards.

His cold eyes drop to my stomach, a smirk growing on his lips just before he throws another rock at the glass. I startled gasp leaves my lips as a small crack spreads across the glass.

He picks up a big boulder getting ready to throw it, my heart beats in my throat aas I watch him. "Hey!" The buff guy at the register runs outside, yelling at Todd.