1.8

I MAKE A DANGEROUS PROMISE

Blackjack gave me a ride down the beach, and I have to admit it was cool. Being on a flying horse, skimming over the waves at a hundred miles an hour with the wind in my hair and the sea spray in my face—hey, it beats waterskiing any day.

"He can fly?!?!" James yelled out in excitement as Percy rolled his eyes.

"I thought that was implied" James felt his cheeks flush at the boy's tone as he just nodded slightly.

Here. Blackjack slowed and turned in a circle. Straight down.

"Thanks." I tumbled off his back and plunged into the icy sea.

I'd gotten more comfortable doing stunts like that the past couple of years. I could pretty much move however I wanted to underwater, just by willing the ocean currents to change around me and propel me along, I could breathe underwater, no problem, and my clothes never got wet unless I wanted them to.

"Couldn't be me honestly" Regulus jumped slightly feeling a pinch on his thigh turning as he met the eyes of his lover. Feeling the irritation roll off the boy like waves Regulus apologized before turning his head to snort silently.

You almost drown once and now when you joke about it, people think you are suicidal. No fun.

I shot down into the darkness.
Twenty, thirty, forty feet. The pressure wasn't uncomfortable. I'd never tried to push it—to see if there was a limit to how deep I could dive. I knew most regular humans couldn't go past two hundred feet without crumpling like an aluminum can.

I should've been blind, too, this deep in the water at night, but I could see the heat from living forms, and the cold of the currents. It's hard to describe. It wasn't like regular seeing, but I could tell where everything was.

"How?" A fourth-year asked making Everyone turn to look at them. "What?"

"Maybe it's because he's my son?" Poseidon exclaimed to the boy slowly. "And I am The god of the seas..."

"Oh..."

Hermes turned whispering to Apollo. "Hectate never told us how dumb their toys were."

Apollo nodded. They were dense. It took Regulus a little too long to figure out Percy's obvious crush on him to the point where it made Apollo question his own sanity. He felt like he wanted to pray for the torture to end. Yet now? Looking at the two lovebirds he decided that he should've rejoiced in the feelings of awkwardness.

Especially since Regulus threatens to 'shag' the son of Poseidon in apollos temple every time Apollo wants to have fun.

As I got closer to the bottom, I saw three hippocampi—fish-tailed horses—swimming in a circle around an overturned boat. The hippocampi were beautiful to watch.