The Irreversible Change: Flashback

A cutaway joke, a scene change, a comedic time skip.

Call it whatever you wish, the fact of the matter is that I told myself that taking over Abyssinia would be hard, a blink later and Abyssinia was mine.

Something happened between those two points in time, and this flashback should help me understand.

-

Nine Days Prior

-

"The Crown is mine," The Storm King cackled evilly as he held the crown of the long-dead Giraffe king, "One of the three great treasures of King Twiga is in my grasp!" He cheered, holding the crown above him so the rays of the setting sun would shine off its reflective surface.

The Crown resembled that of a medieval European ruler, the gold skeleton of the crown was covered with small diamonds, and in its middle, above where the eyes of those wearing it, were three large rubies.

"And Now," The Storm King slowly took off his own crown with one hand, and placed the crown of Twiga on his scalp, "To See what magic this crown has."

And as soon as the crown was set on his head, The Storm King understood why it was considered one of the Three Great Treasures of the Giraffe King.

"I can see all of it," He whispered to himself, as his vision reached and bent, allowing him to see all the corners of not only The Hippo Village but also the desert beyond it.

For The Giraffe King's crown gave the one wearing it a form of Clairvoyance, allowing them to see distant locations and hidden objects.

"Let us try something, Show me the first Storm base I built," The King said, and his vision once again changed. No longer did he have a view of the areas surrounding his person, now he saw was looking at the stone and wood structure his army built near the hedgehog and turtle villages at the edge of the continent. He saw his workers and officers moving about the building, he saw the nearby villages bustling with movement as new streets and buildings were being built.

"So it doesn't show me what I remember, it shows me how it is in the current time. Let us try this then, Show me the army of King Twiga." And his view once again changed.

Gone was the Storm Base and the villages, instead he watched as an old and wrinkled turtle moved her walking stick, walking slowly down the street before pausing and turning her head to face directly at where the point of view the crown was showing him, her eyes still shut.

"Oh? You found the crown did you?" Granny Kasa asked slowly, not waiting for an answer. "Don't worry about the Amulet, I'll bring it to you personally, you just worry about the sword. I'll see you soon," The Turtle said and a shiver passed through The Storm King's spine.

"I'm sure you have more important things to worry about, child. Be off now," The old turtle opened her eyes, revealing the shining gold orbs inside, and The Storm King was once again on his ship.

He took off the crown and gave it a long look before a sharp smile spread on his face.

-

Five days before the present

-

An Aardwolf was marching in the direction of one of the Argonaut ships, her heavy steps and angry expression making it so that none will stand in her way, an important letter to deliver was in her hand.

"Start a gang they said," Lulu, the Aardwolf who was secretly the great bandit leader 'The Hyena' muttered to herself as she marched in the direction of where Ms. Pasim was staying, "It's a lucrative business they said, Just take a few hostages for ransom they said, what's the worst that can happen they said. Look at me!" She grumbled angrily, thinking back on her days as one of the most feared people in south Afcari.