Chapter 37

Alexandra's POV

The first time that my gut told me something was wrong was an hour before his scheduled flight. Xander was beside me and tried to calm me down as best as he could.

The call I was dreading came a few hours later as I was sitting in Xander's office. Because of my identity all the phone calls regarding me were filtered by the pack.

Imagine my surprise when a call came for Alex Masters from Black Water Pack. They said that it was urgent to speak with me as they were asking for my medical advice. I accepted the call with half a mind as my worried thoughts were driving me crazy.

"This is Dr.Masters speaking, how can I help you?" I said automatically trying to sound professional. Imagine my surprise when I heard the last voice I was expecting.

"I asked to speak with Dr. Masters, Dr. Alex Masters not his secretary. This is urgent" he said almost shouting from anger. What was his deal?

"Yes, you are speaking to Dr. Masters. Me, Alexandra Masters. So I am asking again, how can I help you?" ok, now I was worried. He wouldn't call me unless something was wrong.

"Oh, I'm sorry Dr. Masters. I'm following your work butcit never crosses my mind that you were a woman. What am I saying? Yes, well I'm simply following my father's instructions. There was an attack earlier and he was severely injured, I was certain that our pack doctor could handle his recovery but he gave me a letter instead. He wanted me to call you and let you know. Our doctor informed me that maybe you are the only one that can help."

I was numb. Severe pain coursed through me and Alexia whimpered in my mind. Deep down she knew that we had limited time with our former Alpha. Xander came running to his office and held me while silent tears escaped my eyes. I tried to make my voice sound calm and asked again how I could help.

"Could you visit my pack and have a look at him yourself doctor? I will arrange accommodation for you and your team"

Xander grabbed the phone from me as I was still srunned from the news.

"This is Alpha Xander speaking. If you want my matecto visit your pack you'll make arrangements for me and my mate, her team and twenty warriors that will ensure her safety during her stay."

"Are you suggesting that I'm not able to ensure the safety of a small medical team or are you planning to seize my pack Alpha? We are more that capable to protect your mate."

Xander was livid. He was talking to my ex mate about me and my safety while Hunter thought he was inviting a doctor to his pack. Just a doctor. If left to their own these two will probably fight over the phone. I looked at Xander and gave him a reassuring smile. He gave me back the phone letting me know that he will respect my decision despite his fear for my visit.

"My medical team, me my mate and our warriors. Take it or leave it." Even if he refused I was going back. He didn't know that but in my mind I was making plans already informing my team about our sudden departure. He was hesitant at first but at the end his need to save his father won.

He gave us permission and I was relieved. Xander was on the other line booking a private flight for us so we can leave on such short notice. I had half a mind and while I was throwing clothes on a suitcase I called my mother to make sure they were ok. She was upset because my father was next to Alpha Smith during the attack but he injuries were healing as we spoke. It seems that their target was Alpha Smith and only him. They caught him near the pack border, he had some guards with him but not enough.

The flight was long and by the time we landed it was early afternoon. We drove all the way to the pack and as I passed familiar places a sad smile formed. Memories of me and Jack, even Hunter flooded me and everynow and then I would tell Xander a story from my childhood.

My father was waiting by the border tasked with our greeting and was ordered to lead me straight to the hospital. I gave him a wink to let him know that I will speak with him later as none from my former pack seemed to recognize me. I've been gone for almost six years. I know I have changed but still.

As I walked to the familiar hospital fear started to creep on me. In the medical field we learned early on not to make promises. I was prepared to face the possibility that I wouldn't be able to save him. The little girl in me though, the girl he raised with my father and mother was terrified to loose him. Not now that we were on speaking terms again, not ever.

I stood outside his room to gather myself and Xander stood beside me giving me the strength I needed to face the man inside. Hunter was not in the room I would have smelled him, only one man was standing in front of the bed wearing a white coat. As he turned to face me his face lighted with happiness.

"Alexandra, it's so good to see you again, though I wish it was under better circumstances." He raised his hand for a handshake and at this moment I recognized Dr. Matthews, the young doctor who treated me in the past.

I smiled genuinely for the first time and greeted him. Xander growled behind me and Dr. Matthews laughed. He was not a threat only an old friend I told Xander and he looked at me saying that he knew but his wolf was acting out.

He left us alone with the Alpha but before he left the room hr asked to see me in his office so he could brief me about his condition. I agreed and took a look at his chart myself.

I could hear someone running on the hallway and brased myself for seeing him. The door opened and Hunter entered the room in a hurry. He was stunned for a second fighting between joy and anger and then his voice showed his anger.

"What are you doing here? Who gave you permission to enter my pack?"

RejectedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara