Chapter 6

Jay was quietly eating a tomato with baked rabbit meat, hidden in the bushes, and watched two peasants suddenly appear in the forest, dressed like commoners, with a rather ordinary appearance, one of whom was carrying a bag.

- Why didn't you put him to sleep? – One turned to the other when he felt movement inside the bag. Apparently, there was quite a living creature inside. – What if he starts screaming?

- It's unlikely that I gave him a voice–depriving potion. - He replied, picking his teeth with a toothpick without showing any concern. – Yeah... people live. A noble dinner at the count's came out. And they also say that he is impoverished. Ugh... - He turned his head and spat discontentedly to the side. – Don't be afraid of gossiping like that yourself. I hope you hid our clothes well? I would not like him to let the dogs follow us when we are still halfway to the "house".

- What are you worried about? It's not the first time we've done this. I haven't noticed you worrying before. – His accomplice scolded his comrade when he heard his concern.

- Of course I don't have to worry when people are trying to find us from all sides. All institutions of higher and lower are viewed. But it would be okay, this is not the first time they are trying to find us. The king will keep an eye on this matter, he will not allow this to happen. But it's been two days, and Drake hasn't returned.

- I'm probably stuck in the bar again. Never mind.

- What a bar! He personally informed me that he had left for the goods. He said his appearance is royal, thanks to him we can earn a good amount if we bargain with the owner of the "house" correctly.

"You mean something happened to him?" 

- Don't joke...

Gradually the voices subsided, but Jay was in no hurry to leave his hiding place, slowly pondering, just that overheard conversation.Apparently, these were the same comrades of the failed kidnapper, who recently came to his house under the guise of a seller. In vain he worried that they might come to visit. None of them knew exactly where their comrade had gone.

 Besides... they were doing exactly the same thing themselves. The next product was extracted for someone else's entertainment and carried to sell it. At the thought of this, Jay clenched his hands tightly into fists. He didn't like at all that such a business was flourishing in this world. It was so mean and cruel. Jay was well aware of this, as he himself had once narrowly escaped a similar fate in his former world.

At one time, when he was about five years old, a business of child traffickers flourished in their city, where he and his family lived. Of course, they were caught later, but Jay remembered for a long time about the days spent with other children in a creepy abandoned factory. Even after that, he was afraid of the dark for some time, since it was at this time of day that one of the children was taken away and taken away to no one knows where. And now, when we can say he began to live a new life, there were those who decided to remind him of his old nightmare.

- Well... I didn't want to get into this before, so as not to remember the old days. But since you caught my eye. Don't blame me then... - Jay quickly finished the rest of the food and looked away. 

Seeing a barely noticeable path, he decided to go out along it and check if there was any nearby estate on the other side of the forest. Something told him that the child had been abducted from there.But before setting off, Jay returned to the cart, which was located not far from this place, and put the last extracted material there, put a half-empty backpack with the shoots of some plants on top. During the two days that Jay spent in the forest, he managed to explore this area quite well.