Chapter 62 : First Aid Trauma (2)

"Hello, ma'am," Dr. Zhang greeted, "Is the medicine I mentioned last time in stock?"

"Yes, doc. Ten boxes of imported amoxicillin, you can have them all."

There was a huge disparity between domestic and imported medicines during this time period.

She put ten boxes of amoxicillin on the table, not knowing why Dr. Zhang bought so much.

"Dr. Zhang, my friend is having surgery, he told me that he wants to ask you to be the one giving him anesthesia," the lady boss whispered to him as she passed him the medicine.

He stood by the counter and counted the medicine boxes as if he hadn't heard what she said. When he turned his head, he saw what the other two bought and adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose, "You students, what grade are you in?"

"Ninth grade," Xie Wanying and Yue Wentong replied together without thinking much. Because this person was obviously their senior and medical instructor, of course they had to answer.

"Ninth grade? Aren't the two of you still freshmen?" Dr. Zhang was surprised when he remembered it, and then glanced at the two of them with contempt, "You've barely learned the fundamentals, yet you believe you're qualified to do surgery?"

The lady boss was blatantly trying to flatter Dr. Zhang when she continued by gushing, "Yes, I didn't know they were freshmen. I thought they were interns who were doing an internship at your hospital."

"What difference does it make if you learn how to tie surgical knots? I'm in the operating room every day, but I usually don't see an intern there," Dr. Zhang said aloud.

"Really?" The lady boss asked.

"It's great that an intern can stand by and help the main surgeon hold a retractor, but if you really want to use a scalpel and learn how to tie surgical knots, wait until you obtain your PhD, okay?" Dr. Zhang said, "Even if you change medicine to treat a trauma patient during the day, you won't get this rare chance without a doctorate."

"Understand that this is Guoxie, no matter what you say."

"The rules are very strict," the lady boss spoke truthfully.

Some other third-rate hospitals used to have their interns practice on patients to hone their skills - but that wasn't possible in Guoxie.

What the lady boss said was like a slap in the face.

Xie Wanying knew that even if it was Guoxie University, there would undoubtedly be opportunities for promising students to engage in practical exercises.

Because if medical students do not practice in a real-world setting, they are less likely to practice their guts.

On the other hand, it seemed like Dr. Zhang had a lot to say about surgical students. In general, any medical instructor would tell medical students to practice hard, however, this Doctor Zhang was trying to scare new students.

How strange.

Since he didn't want to see new students, Xie Wanying paid the money right away and simply left. With the same hatred, Yue Wentong also left quickly.

When Dr. Zhang realized that they didn't say anything nice about him, he slammed his hand on a medicine box and said, "Young people today are getting more and more arrogant, they think they're so great when they don't even have the skill to match that."

"Yes, yes," the lady boss answered and asked him in a low voice, "Doctor Zhang, the thing I just asked you-"

"What is it?"

How could Xie Wanying, who had already left, know what happened next? There was only one way to go back to school - the small back door behind the hospital building. She walked there with their class monitor.

The iron gate was opened, and a voice yelled from pushcart, "Get out of the way!"