Chapter 96: Wedding Banquet (Part 1)

Demon Realm, the city of Saixue.

Two figures, one old and one young, stood outside the city gate, covered in dust. The surrounding crowds of people were passing by, laughing and talking, constantly streaming inwards.

The young man wiped the sweat from his forehead and stared inside. Through the city gate, he could vaguely see the festive atmosphere with colorful lanterns hung everywhere and lively laughter and conversation filling the air.

The patrolling soldiers saw him acting suspiciously and stopped to loudly ask, "Who are you? Why are you standing here looking so shifty?"

The young man smiled shyly and pulled out a red invitation from his pocket, handing it forward. "We are here to attend the wedding ceremony."

"Oh, you must be the distinguished guests specially invited by the Demon Lord," the soldier glanced briefly at the red paper, bowed respectfully, and said, "Please go in quickly."

He pointed his finger, "The wedding venue is in the center of the black tower."

The young man bowed with both hands, "Thank you." He was tall and handsome, dressed in a white shirt, carrying a long sword, and radiating a noble and righteous aura. He seemed to embody the four noble characters of "Righteous Path of the Elite." But when the soldiers realized that he was a guest personally invited by the Demon Lord, they dared not show any disrespect and waited until the two had left before breathing a sigh of relief.

He recalled the elegant handwriting on the red paper and muttered to himself in a low voice, "Strange, why would the Demon Lord invite someone from the righteous path?"

The young man walked side by side with the white-bearded old man, striding through the crowds of people towards the black tower at the end of the road.

"This Demon Realm has really changed a lot compared to before."

The old man snorted in response, "Of course, don't forget who taught the Demon Lord." The young man smiled warmly, "That's certainly thanks to the teachings of Master Chang Yao."

The old man pinched his beard and looked proud.

It turns out that this old man in plain clothes was the chief medicine master of the Qingli Sect, while the young man in white with sword-like eyebrows and starry eyes was Zhao Ke, the Senior brother of Ye Feng Peak. The two walked on the busy street, with a righteousness that couldn't be concealed, naturally becoming the focus of everyone's attention.

The demonic cultivators looked on secretly, whispering to each other, "This is bad! How could there be righteous cultivators here?!"

"Tsk, how did they sneak in? Today is the day of the demon lord's great joy. We can't afford to make any mistakes!"

"I saw just now that the soldiers at the city gate were bowing to them respectfully. I'm afraid they have some powerful background..."

As soon as these words were spoken, the demonic cultivators who had been itching for a fight, with ferocious expressions and sleeves rolled up, suddenly stopped and hesitated, looking at each other.

They watched as the two righteous cultivators stopped in front of the gate of the Black Tower. Then, the silver-helmeted guard bowed and welcomed them in.

As the two entered the Black Tower, the door slowly closed behind them. Behind the door, a bewitching woman in a veil was squatting on the ground, bored and yawning.

Zhao Ke said, "Miss Ji."

Ji Zhihua suddenly looked up and stared at him for three seconds.

After a moment, she hesitantly said, "So you really didn't die!"