--battle

—-

Dear Diary,

If you read this,|

If| you read this,

When| you read this,

When you read this, I am probably already dead.|

—-

"..Um, excuse me."

A soft, however deep voice intruded Y/n's thoughts. The girl whipped her head to the sound as she made eye-contact with a timid boy wearing a Gryffindor robe.

Currently, she was sitting at a empty table in the library with books piled up next to her. Y/n was in the middle of writing an important essay about the effects of dark magic in Hogwarts.

She really did not need all of the books— however, due to her stress accelerating due to certain events, she aimlessly grabbed books around her.

"Oh! .. uh, yes..?" Y/n perked up, turning her full attention to the boy.

Hesitantly, the strange Gryffindor boy pointed at a particular book next to her. He had slightly curly-brown hair that framed his facial features.

".. May I borrow that for a second?.."

Y/n turned her head at the book he pointed at, seeing the title being related to dark arts. Similar to the one she had been studying just now.

The girl nodded quickly, pulling out the book and extending it towards him.

".. You're doing the dark magic essay too?"

The question seemed to make the boy tense, Y/n noting the way his body language looked uncomfortable. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah.. its a little troubling."

He shifted his feet as he took the book from her hands. His gaze was lowered like he was somewhat afraid to make eye-contact with her.

"Well, how about we help each other?"

——

The two new acquaintances both found themselves indulged in another topic than the essay, which was no surprise since Y/n had a feeling she would not be close to done with writing her assignment.

It happened rather quickly since Y/n found the boy, who she now knew the name of as Neville, to be quite awkward around communication.

"So you're saying that.. you can hear plants talk to you?"

A sharp nod emitted from the boy who was once so timid, but started to be more talkative through their chat.

"There.. was this plant that my grandma gave me!.. Would you want to.. see it sometime?"

Y/n slightly backed away as Neville leaned forward with anticipation fluttering his features at her awaited reply. He didn't even realize that a book next to his elbow plopped to the ground with a thud, the sound echoing through the library's shelves.

She quietly felt her heart drop, slightly recalling the lovesick expressions that adorned faces of her one acquaintances. Even with his look being only showing innocence now, Y/n knew that it was just the start.

However, she felt herself slightly seize her eyes.

..It appears that my curse really does work on everyone..

Y/n looked away, feeling bad that she had practically used the boy into talking with her to give more information about her curse. It seemed that everyone that makes vivid conversations, or even eye contact with her would slowly develop some sort of liking to her.