Chapter 34 - Happy Birthday

Happy 2 years of this story!!! Long speech at the end you know how it is by now lol.

------------------------------------------

"Thanks for stopping by!" you wave goodbye to another customer as you were once again back behind the counter of the coffee shop. Now with the stress of exams finally over, and an upcoming celebration for your birthday that everyone was insisting on, the skies ahead seemed to be blue.

Well.... apart from that ominous Hot Springs resort trip their father had invited you on which you still knew nothing about as he hadn't made any type of contact with you since getting your details.

For Mid-March, it was a pretty rainy day, the birthday celebration was scheduled for tomorrow, a Sunday. The sound of rain pattered the windows of the shop, not a lot of customers today but that just meant an easier shift and that was a blessing compared to some of the other shifts you'd had to work this week to make up for missing time because of exams. Your boss really hammered into you about missing so much work but thankfully he didn't fire you.

"Hey.... how long are you going to sit there and watch me?" you turned to the end of the counter. "Ichika..."

This girl wore sunglasses and a stupidly large hat, probably to hide her identity as she was starting to gain some fame lately after she landed in a lot of advertisements and smaller roles but her face is popping up more and more.

"Is that a way you should treat a customer? Huh? Big brother~?" she teased.

"Don't call me big brother, save it till I wife your sister" you laughed. "And I'm only 2 months older than you guys, barely feels like there's any difference" you added as you cleaned up the countertop.

Ichika laughed and took a sip of her coffee. "If I make it as an actress, I want you to be my personal coffee maker" She admired the cup as she spoke.

"I think a coffee machine would work wonders for that type of role. Unless you're paying handsomely."

"Oh I'd be paying you, handsome" she fluttered her eyes as I stare at her without a shroud of expression on my face.

"Shut up man..." you grumbled as Ichika laughed to herself. "Maybe you need to get yourself a boyfriend, any luck with Fuu-boy?"

"Fuu-boy?" she realised who I was talking about. "Sadly no. There's not been much time to close the distance lately, I'm too busy" she sighed and laid her head on top of the counter.

You walked over and lifted her head up. "Hey, I just cleaned there, I don't need make-up where the cups go. But in all seriousness, I dunno. He's just an odd guy and it's kind of a pipe dream for him to be in a relationship. Not that he ain't got his charms, he's a good and genuine guy but when it comes to romance he is lost"

"D-Do you like Fuutaro too?"

You deadpanned. "You just became my least favourite sister. And guess who's getting their discounted coffee privileges revoked" You smiled like a villain as you walked off to the other side of the store having just achieved victory over the eldest sister.

After a while, Ichika said her goodbyes and went home, for the rest of the evening you worked your shift as best as you could. With the inevitable hijinks that would most likely ensue tomorrow, a chill day like this to mentally steel yourself was perfect.

-----------

Dressed up nice and... normal. You arrived at the Pentagon at the time Nino had texted you last night before you went to sleep. 2pm on the dot.

"Happy Birthday Y/N onii-chan!" Raiha chirped, running up to you and hugging you as you came through the door.

"Aw thanks sport" You rubbed her head, taking her hand as she lead you to the others by the sofas