25.

Sol eyed the clones that fired at the droids that tried to shoot their ships down. They were brilliant with their aim and their communication between each other from beneath their helmets was filled with jargon that they all seemed to understand. They were the most efficient humanoid army Sol had ever seen and were able to take down droids without tiring. She made sure to remember to ask Master Kenobi after they're back on Coruscant about how he came to find them on Kamino.

With a glance to the other ship that flew to the left, Sol spotted Master Secura in its hull. She remembered how the Twi'lek had gone after Dooku back in the arena, but didn't return when the Count reappeared to taunt a surrender out of Master Windu and the Jedi. Sol was relieved to see the blue-skinned Master unharmed and she could see her directing the clones in the hull to aim at the droids below.

'Hold on, look over there!' Master Kenobi cried, and everyone's attention turned to the right side of the ship. A Geonosian speeder whizzed past and made its way in front, giving the clone pilots a view of its driver through their windshield.

'It's Dooku! Go after him!' Anakin said from beside his Master. The pilots complied and followed the ex-Jedi on his speeder. Sol held onto the handle from the ceiling and looked down at Master Yoda, who looked through the windshield at Dooku. He had never spoken to Sol about the man who used to be his Padawan, and she never thought to ask. He had disappeared from the Jedi Order as a Knight and that was all Sol knew. And Master Yoda would never let it show, but she was sure that he always wondered why his ex-Padawan never came back to Coruscant.

A sudden jolt of the ship made Sol stumble. The clones had missed the missile that had been sent up to their ship, allowing it to collide with its belly. Most of its inhabitants kept their footing, but due to the open hull, a few clones were thrown out, and with them, fell Senator Padme Amidala.

'Padme!' Sol cried out as she saw her fall to the sand below. She looked over the side of the ship and saw the woman tumble down a sand dune. But the ship continued, leaving her behind with the clones she fell with.

'We have to go back!' Sol straightened and turned to the clone pilots in the cockpit with frantic movements. 'We can't leave her down there!'

'No! We have to go after Dooku!' Master Obi-wan cut in and pulled Sol away from the pilots. Over the blowing wind, Sol looked through her hair that whipped into her face and stared at Obi-wan with wide eyes.

'B-But the senator-'

'We have a job to do, Sol,' Master Obi-wan said, but he stepped closer to speak quietly. 'Let go of your attachments. Master Yoda is here, remember, young one?'

Sol's eyes shifted to the corner of the hull where Master Yoda still sat. He wasn't looking at her, but his presence made her wary. She hadn't had to conceal her true feelings from her Master, as prior to this week, she hadn't had any. She was glad that Master Kenobi was understanding and wouldn't alert the Grand Master of her slip ups, and that's why she had warmed so much to the man.

'You're right. Sorry, Master,' Sol bowed her head and took a deep breath. She sensed movement from her downturnt position and inched her gaze up to see that Obi-wan had stepped aside, and Anakin had taken his place. With his arm raised up to grasp a ceiling handle, Anakin towered over Sol who looked up at his tall frame.

'You okay?' he said, his voice low so no one could hear. The wind that rushed through the hull faded and the smoothness of the Skywalker's voice was all that graced her ears. She shifted her weight from foot to foot under his blue eyes that looked at nothing but her, and she remembered what he had said to her back in the arena.

'Until my heart fails me from your absence.'

His words sat in the back of her mind, and she did her best to keep her response to herself. Instead, Sol swallowed to soothe her dry throat and answered his previous question.