Chapter 5: The Labyrinth

Y/n:
We walked for a while and Sarah was growing frustrated. "What do they mean labyrinth? There aren't any turns or corners or anything, it just goes on and on!" She complained before putting her back on the wall. Then I remembered reading the story. "Sarah" I called her and she looked at me, hoping I would say something that will help our current situation we are stuck in. "There are, we are just not seeing them" I told her "well, where are they?" She asked me in a soft voice. Without responding to her question, I looked towards the ground of the labyrinth and picked up a stick. "They are obviously hidden. I will prove it" I told her. I put the stick on the wall and grabbed her hand. Then I began speed walking for what seemed like a mile before feeling a gap at the end of the stick. I stopped in-front of the gap and said "right here" and threw the stick on the ground. Sarah looked at me confused "it's just a wall, Y/n" she said.

I shook my head a little "everything is not always what it seems" I said as I took a step backwards through the gap. Sarah had a shocked look on her face before walking through the gap. "You were always more wise" she said with a smile on her face. I looked at both paths. "Let's try this one" I said. She nodded and walked towards the path on the right, in-front of me.

Jareth:
I sat on my throne with my leg over the thrones arm and my right one on the ground. I help my riding crop with my left hand and was tapping it on my boot, and held a crystal with my other hand. I looked into the crystal and saw Y/n pick up a stick from the ground. She found a hidden path and stepped backwards telling Sarah "everything is not always what it seems" and she was right. Everything is not always what it seems in the underground. I saw them take the path on the right, they seemed more closer to each other than they are with their little brother, Toby. 'She is quite a smart one' I thought to myself as I kept watching the two sisters inside the crystal. That was until I heard a big crash, I immediately knew it was the goblins. They didn't worry me until I remembered I left Toby to play with them. I quickly looked at where the crash came from in hopes it had nothing to do with Toby getting hurt. Only to find some drunk goblins scattered on the floor unconscious with one of the gallons of alcohol beside them.

I saw one of the goblins that wasn't drunk walking around. "Where is the child?" I asked him "he's asleep with the others your highness" he said to me. I sigh in relief "as soon as he wakes up, bring him to me" I said in a soft tone. "Yes, your majesty" the goblin said before bowing his tiny body afterwards and left the throne room, leaving me in a comfortable silence. I then turned my eyes from the throne room's doors to the clock on the wall. I smiled at the thought 'in nine hours and twenty three minutes he will be mine, and so will Y/n'.

Y/n:
After sometime, we saw the walls change from dark stone to sand stone. As we walked more, we noticed hands pointing in all kinds of directions. We heard a familiar cry from the castle in the distance. "Toby...we're coming Toby" Sarah said with her wrenching heart as we both tried to figure out which directions both hands were pointing at. We continued to follow them and got lost, as more time passed we became more frustrated and worried. Sarah then had an idea, she took out her red lipstick and marked arrows on the ground. Soon we walked to a dead "oh no" Sarah said as we both looked at the sandstone wall. We both turned and Sarah looked at the ground expecting to find the marked sandstone tile pointing in the same direction, but instead it was pointing to the opposite direction.

I looked at it in disbelief, this truly was an unfair game he was playing with us. "Someone has been changing my marks!" Sarah said while kneeling down. "What horrible place this is, it's not fair!" She shouted as she threw her lipstick to the ground. "That's right, it's not fair!" We heard an Irish voice yell, along with multiple laughters afterwards. We both turned around and saw four guards that were blocking two grey metal doors. Two guards were red and the other two were royal blue. They both held up stone shields in front of themselves that had the same colors they were. There were two upside down and the other two were upside right.