"any publicity is good publicity"

Leo's hands' shook as she pocketed her phone. She couldn't believe that she just did that. She broke it off with Ares.

It had been one of the worst days of her life. From dealing with James in the morning and getting detention to fighting during tryouts and breaking up with Ares. It was absolute shite. The first day of classes and Quidditch and already things were only going wrong.

Leo couldn't bring herself to tell her friends. She knew that even if they comforted her, they would be all too smug about the breakup. So instead, Leo went to the Room of Requirement.

She hadn't exerted herself much during practice since she wasn't trying that hard while in position as Keeper, so to take her mind off of Ares and to get out her emotions, she decided to dance.

When she entered the Room, it was immediately transformed into a ballet studio with a pair of pointe shoes already stocked. Leo still preferred her own broken-in ones, but the Room knew that all she had was her Quidditch things. Leo slipped on her shoes and stripped down into leggings and a sports bra. She plugged her phone into the speaker and let the music guide her choreography.

'Every time you call me crazy
I get more crazy
What about that?
And when you say I seem angry, I get more angry
And there's nothing like a mad woman
What a shame she went mad
No one likes a mad woman
You made her like that
And you'll poke that bear 'til her claws come out
And you find something to wrap your noose around
And there's nothing like a mad woman'

When the song ended, Leo was out of breath and her calves burned from not practicing lately. However, instead of taking a break she let the next song play through. Leo was never a natural at hip hop- just like many other ballet trained dancers. But all once in a while, she would freestyle anyway just to get some cardio in.

'I'd be a fearless leader
I'd be an alpha type
When everyone believes ya
What's that like?
I'm so sick of running as fast as I can
Wondering if I'd get there quicker
If I was a man
And I'm so sick of them coming at me again
'Cause if I was a man
Then I'd be the man
I'd be the man
I'd be the man
They'd say I hustled
Put in the work
They wouldn't shake their heads and question how much of this I deserve'

By the end of this song, Leo felt ready to pass out. She hadn't been drinking nearly enough water to be exercising this much. She also had tryouts overlapping their typical dinner time. Most of the other students were able to grab something to eat real quick but Leo already missed the final call and was working out on an empty stomach.

As the next song began to play, Leo laid down on the floor rather than dance along to it.

'And I hope I never lose you, hope it never ends
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again
That's the kind of heartbreak time could never mend
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again'

Leo stared at the ceiling as tears ran down her face.

She had first met Ares on the Quidditch team. She was a first year and he was a third. He acted as a guide when she was first navigating balancing school work and practice. His support meant everything to her. In her fifth year and his seventh their friendship shifted in romantic feelings.

During the school year, their relationship was great. He used to stick little notes in her backpack and hang out with her constantly.

However, there were still red flags that Leo chose to ignore. He would never compliment her after games or practices- unless it was to tell her she looked hot that day and he never asked for her opinion on things Quidditch related like he did his friends. But even now Leo wasn't thinking about things like that.