Chapter 5 - You're fine

S.R : Hostage by Billie Eilish
Warning : mild hot scene up ahead.

Lawrency's POV

"I wouldn't say that was the worst encounter ever because it wasn't. Just because I later on found out he was bad news didn't mean I'd lie about how good he made me feel." I explained.

After taking a step into El casino I knew there was no turning back. A couple of maze-like turns later we finally got to an opening with him still plastered behind me.

And through the rest of the night, he never let go. It felt nice to know he wasn't going to leave even if an older more matured lady came into his view just like I did back at the freshman party.

Taking in the elite looking club. I'd say the neon lights and placement of seats and tables made this club different. I've been to clubs, lots of them since I first stepped foot into the university. They're no match to how pristine this one looked.

I continue to tell my story, "We had a couple more drinks" I chuckle lowly at the thought because at that point I was beyond tipsy considering how low my alcohol tolerance is.

"He introduced me to a few of his friends and I had so much fun that I began to say and do things I didn't know would come back to bite me hard in the behind. Like what he said about me wanting to have all the fun to myself, I was so wrapped up in the moment of euphoria, Wei I didn't know what was real and what wasn't anymore." I confessed with a smile but nothing but distress laced in my tone.

I didn't have the guts to look into Weina's eyes for I feared I would break down at the pity I'd find there, that would be my break point.

"He introduced me to more of his other female friends, at a point I wondered if I was a pawn in some sort of game he played considering how beautiful each one was, I felt a bit out of place but his hold on me Wei... his hold on me never for a second faltered." My emotions resurfaced as I remembered how he made me feel.

"We spoke some more and the more we did the more we wanted each other." I thought back to when our voices gradually lowered to whispers and how I practically straddled his laps without knowing when I moved. The tension between us grew thicker, the room spun with our heated gazes towards one another and within the blink of an eye we were in another part of the building ripping at each other's clothes like crazed wolves on heat where we know the alpha always won.

We made out, felt every inch of one another till we could draw an image of each other with our eyes closed. The night carried on with continuous make out and heated body merging, in other words unforgettable sex. I woke up in the arms of a total stranger who rummaged me up good.
We did things I'd never thought I'd do during sex, felt things I never thought I'd feel during sex.

Turns out he took me to a bedroom which looked homey enough. It had a kitchen and bathroom within to which we made fair use of. He made me breakfast and feed me a meal I'd had one too many times during the break of dawn, but this time with him in the bathroom.

"I was so lost in bliss, I thought I was already in paradise not until everything turned haywire. One moment it was all smiles and laughter and the next thing I know I'm packing guns into a bag and being dragged out of there like a sack of rice."

"I was so confused I didn't know what was going on, I couldn't say a thing for how much fear had grown within me. I thought I was going to die Wei. Guns were being fired, screams of pain could be heard all over the place, the man I slept with shot a person right in front of my eyes like it was nothing, like he had seen a body fall lifeless countless times." A lone tear slipped from the embrace of my lids.

"On our ride to safety he told me what he was involved in and then I knew I had made the worst mistake ever in my 20 years of living."

Weina's POV

I stayed quite whiles Ren spoke. She looked broken, confused and for a second I saw how much this man had an effect on her.
I'd say she grew feelings for him even though he was bad news and even though they kept each other company for less than 24hrs that day alone.

The heart, in my opinion tends to reason on its own sometimes, that's why we suddenly grow feelings for someone we never thought we would, someone we barely spoke to but see occasionally. It wanders about and makes choices without our consent but that's okay. It's always tough to rail a raging horse in, it takes a lot of patience but it eventually calms down upon command.

I didn't want her to think what she did defined her in a different way to me, she still is and forever will be my best friend no matter what she's done in her life, her past mistakes should never be her definition.
Her mistakes are meant to be learnt from and never to be repeated again so who am I to beat her down for something she regretted so much?
Something she grows anxious about whenever she remembers. I'm supposed to be there for her, pull her back up and place that wonderful smile back on her face when she found her self slipping back into the hole of regret and distress. Hug all her worries away and reassure her there was nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to be afraid to share with me since I'll always be there for her.

It'll always be new news to her when I say she shouldn't hesitate to tell me when she's down because that's just who she is, she worries too much about how others see her, what they say about her which isn't something I ever find pleasing. But that's just how she is and this is who I am, the one to constantly remind her that she's never alone.

I slowly made my way across the room to where she sat beside her desk and cocooned her into a warm embrace. She finally broke down and released her pent up frustration through her tears.
"You're okay, you're fine", I rubbed her back ever so gently.

" I want no part of this Wei, but he doesn't seem to get it, this happened a couple of months back. H-he somehow got my number and hasn't left me alone since but he did a month ago upon my request t-to take sometime in processing all this but what's there to process?!! Huh! The f-fact that my life is never going to be the same with him in it? He just can't seem to grasp how I want no part in his messed up dung and now he's dragged you in too." She hiccuped and broke into more sobs.

"We're going to get through this...together—it's going to be okay", I lightly lay her wild curls with my palm in a soothing manner.
I knew from the moment Ren couldn't argue when he threw orders her way that this problem was way more than what meets the eye. But I wasn't going to let her face this alone.

"What did he mean when he said same place, same time, same day?" I question when I remember what he said.
"He'd ask to see me or pay me a visit after that incidence but I didn't want anyone to see him with me so I'd meet him up at the new club his so called 'Familia' opened up on 23rd avenue fickle street on Friday nights before I head home on the weekends. I try to say less and ignore him to my possible best but he never seemed to get the memo just as he didn't when we first met at the freshman party." She explains.

That's why she left on some Fridays instead of Saturdays huh...

I replayed every single word she said two days before as we lay staring at the starry display of a ceiling. We were currently trying to figure out how tomorrow night will be. How we'll talk him out of contacting Ren again. Maybe he'll agree maybe not but it wouldn't hurt to try though would it?

A.N
07.06.23

What do you think about this chapter?
Are you enjoying the book so far?
I'm ready to read your thoughts on whatever pops up in mind.

The song recommendations gives a better feel of what I tell in the story so try to listen to it whiles reading if you can. 

There have been more Lawrency back-view than Weina even though she is the second lead. I believe second leads deserve the spotlight and their stories can be juicy, they just need more light to be shed upon their stories too.

Don't forget to leave a comment on your thoughts shookies... till we meet again it's au revoir for now.