A Muggle's Museum

You are far,
I'm never gonna be your star.
I'll pick up the pieces,
And mend my heart.
Maybe I'll be strong enough,
I don't know where to start.
But I'll never find,
Peace of mind,
While I listen to my heart.

Soon later, after they talked things out, Sirius dragged Regulus with him. They never had quite the 'normal' brotherly relationship, their mom never let them. Now sharing friends felt like something out of this world, Sirius was thrilled.

"I don't want to hang out with your filthy friends, Sirius!"

"I'm afraid you have no choice," Sirius chuckled, ignoring Regulus' eye roll.

Sirius slammed the door of charms' class open, the sound of the cracking branches inside the heater filled the room with cosiness, everyone was chatting blissfully around the fire. It was almost the perfect situation for the younger Black to meet the Marauders, until... Regulus eyes widened when he saw a gray fat rat jump off one of the desks and turn into a chubby, blond boy.

"Merlin," chocked Regulus. A rat? The thought of his animagi being a rat almost made him laugh. All the risk just to get a gross rodent, it would be miserable. Even more depressing taking to account that your friend is a marvelous stag.

Speaking of whom, James was sitting on a comfy armchair, it looked fuzzy, so it probably was a transfiguration of some poor animal who was casually in the room. The messy haired boy was the only one out of all Marauders whose eyes weren't widened, but rather narrowed in pleasure.

Regulus tried not to think of how warm his lap would be, not to mention his hands.

"I-I can explain?" Peter stuttered, his statement coming off as a question.

Regulus shrugged and walked closer to them smugly, as he always did, for some reason he wasn't sure to know himself.

"So, are you all animagi?" He casually asked, as if it was an everyday event.

Sirius scratched the back of his head, looking rather proud of Regulus' intuition, and mad at Peter for being so blindly reckless.

"Really witty," Sirius spat.

Regulus ignored him, his eyes went to Remus, he looked calm, but his pulse trembled, maybe it was always like that. For one moment, a weird thought crossed his head: he was attractive. He understood Sirius, really, the scar across his face was badass, his limp, tall body and his dark blonde hair only made him bewitching.

"Except you," the young Black stated, barely realizing the words coming out of his mouth.

Remus frowned, he could also sense James' eyes on him, expectant. Sirius sat on the scarred boy's side protectively, eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean, except you?" Remus asked, frighteningly calm.

"You aren't one of them, are you?" Regulus didn't break eye contact with him.

He stayed silent, not breaking their eye contact. Regulus smiled, but not as nastily as he used to do it, he was rather mesmerized to have such a creature before his eyes, and it being apparently... not a threat, as he had been told and taught. 

"So it's true, then? What Snape said?" He needed Remus to confirm it, as obvious as it was.

"What did Snape say?!" Jumped Sirius, surprisingly silent the whole time. The room had turned darker, Regulus gave him a lazy look, but understanding at the same time.

"Fascinating," he muttered, gazing Remus up and down, ignoring the uncomfortable body language of the last.

"What did he say, Regulus?" Sirius repeated, this time more menacingly, the younger Black met his eyes absently.