24. the plan

Lando walked into Romero's café and found the girl sitting, once again, on a table right in front of a counter.

"Hello, imposter." He smiled at the girl. Isabella looked up and grinned as she put down her pen and stood up. She came up to him and hugged him.

She whispered close to his ear, "Hello, last lap."

Lando rolled his eyes as he pulled away, "You're never going to stop calling me that, are you?" He asks.

The girl shakes her head with a grin, "Never."

"Are you free right now?" Lando asked as he saw the girl pack up her notebook and computer.

Isabella frowned, "I was just about to go to work, why do you ask?" The boy just looked at her and murmured, "Because."

"That is so not a good reason."

Lando narrowed his eyes at the girl and tilted his head, "How do you know it's not?" He asks.

The girl rolls her eyes, "So, what's the order for today?" She asks as she goes behind the counter and puts her apron around her waist. Lando followed behind but stayed in front of the counter.

"Hmm i'd like one vanilla milkshake, one iced caramel coffee and two chilaquiles, please." The girl looked up from the register with a smile, "Having a date?" She asks.

"Would you call—inviting the girl behind the counter to eat with me—a date?" Lando looks straight into Isabella's eyes with a tilted head, smiling.

The girl sighed and stopped tapping on the register, "I'm kinda working right now, you can always invite some other girl, though, I'm sure they'd be thrilled." She looked up and smirked.

"I want it to be you, though." Lando said, leaning closer to the counter. "Besides, i already talked to your mom and she said you were free to go."

Isabella furrowed her eyebrows, "You talked to my mom?" She asked, really surprised.

"What can i say? She and i got along pretty quick."

Lando shrugged his shoulders with a smile. Isabella tapped her fingers on the counter before pushing herself off of it.

"Clara, can you make one vanilla milkshake, one iced caramel coffee and two chilaquiles verdes, porfa?" Isabella asked one of the workers. Lando noticed her accent coming out, he liked it. "And can you bring it to my table? Okay, gracias!"

"Ditching work for a guy? How rebellious." He raises his eyebrows as he watched the girl walk next to him.

"Never mind, i'm going back." She says backing out. Lando grabs her hand before she could go and pulls her closer, "I was kidding, i was kidding."

He pulls her towards the table as they both sat down, each on the opposite side.

"So, what are you doing here?" Isabella asks ash she rests her back on the comfy chair. Lando rested his his arm on the table i and his chin on his hand, "Can i not visit my favorite person?" He tilts his head.

"Oh my god, i'm Lando Norris' favorite person! My inner fan is screaming right now!" Isabella gasped, imitating a high voice.

Lando chuckled and rolled his eyes, "Very funny, i wasn't doing anything today and thought about you."

The girl bit her bottom lip before smiling, "hmm, that's sweet, so you just randomly think of me?" She smiled, resting her chin on her hand.

"I do, actually. I think about you all the time."

Isabella noticed how they kept looking at each other but got interrupted by Clara placing the food on the table, the both of them looked away and coughed.