𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟑𝟖

Vivienne was asleep when I left this morning

Vivienne was asleep when I left this morning. Quietly slipping out of the room, I had made my way to visit Reese, my trusted tattoo artist. I've been going to him for years, I received my first ever tattoo from him at fifteen, and I haven't stopped since.

As soon as Viv expressed to me about her insecurities and jealousy last night, I wanted to do anything and everything in my power to take that feeling away for her. She has no reason to be feeling either of those things, the thought of any other woman repulses me.

Vivienne is the one I want. She's it for me. She's the whole package. I'm not leaving, and neither is she; we belong together. She's mine and I'm hers, and I love her. Only her. Always and only have I loved her.

And so if I have to have it written out in words for any other thick skulls who can't take a hint, then so be it.

I make my way down the hallway, and back into the bedroom. I wasn't sure whether she'd be awake yet, despite it being late afternoon, but there she is, sprawled out on the bed in nothing but one of my shirts sliding up her thighs, and her phone in her hands.

She lifts her attention, her eyes sparkling when she sees me in the doorframe, a gentle, tired smile crossing her face. "Hey, where did you go?" She gracefully lifted herself up, crossing her legs with ease.

"I had to run out for a second," I answer, walking over to the bed. As I leaned in to give her a kiss, I noticed a frown etched on her face. She quickly responded with a peck on my lips, but the expression on her face remained. "To do what?" her voice full of uncertainty, her eyes watching as I stand back up.

I shake my head, brushing it off a little longer, but she grows slightly impatient. "Ryder," she chuckled awkwardly, her frown still fixed on me from below. I couldn't help but feel a mischievous grin spread across my face as I watched her confusion grow.

With a scoff, she crossed her arms and threw herself back down onto the pillow. Her eyes returning to her phone, scrolling through the feed, acting like she doesn't care.

"Fine," she murmured, "Probably out with your mistress anyways," she adds, her eyes still fixed on her phone.

With a chuckle, I shake my head again, leaning down to snatch her phone from her hands. As soon as I caught her gaze, I knew I was in trouble. Her eyes narrowed, and I could feel the heat of her anger radiating towards me.

But I didn't give her the chance to yell at me. Instead, I swiftly lifted my shirt over my head, revealing the fresh ink that decorated my skin.

I looked down at my chest, the initials V.F were prominently displayed right above my heart. Where Vivienne stays, my entire heart belongs to her, it beats solely for her.

She's confused for a moment, her eyes roaming over my chest before her eyes finally meet the tattoo. I noticed her eyes widen as she stared at me,

"No way." she breathes out, crawling onto her knees, her eyes still admiring them, a smile etched on her face.