That Awkward Moment When You Trip Again

Russia looked warily at the states surrounding him. It looks like there's Texas, Maine, Nebraska... and two more he forgot the names of. They were sending them odd looks. Probably because he was still holding America in his arms like he was a child, close to his body in some weird protective manner. He could stop, he could put him down right now, but for some reason he didn't want to. It seemed easier to just continue carrying him.

"The fuck do I do?!" He hissed to America, not liking the way some of the states were looking at him.

"What you said you were gonna do! TRAMPLE!" America's voice was low, but he was sure that the states could hear what he was saying if they were focusing.

"I didn't actually mean it! I can't just bulldoze kids!"

"Well then put me down!"

Russia followed his command and awkwardly put him down, and then looked away, clearing his throat. There was a faint dusting of pink on his cheeks. America stood at his side and gazed at the states surrounding them warily.

They both looked over when Texas spoke, "I ain't even gonna try'n ask about that," he was obviously talking about how Russia had been carrying him, "but I am going to ask why y'all're on our territory, eastern filth."

"Ah... I guess everyone knows about us joining, then?" America rubbed the back of his neck.

"Obviously," said Maine, rolling her eyes, "Except for Kansas. Nothing ever goes on in Kansas except for tornadoes, which says a lot about his empty brain. Actually, his empty skull. There's no brain in there, just wind and tumbleweeds."

America tried to keep himself from snorting. Russia didn't.

"Why would you join the East when the Wild West is where it's at?" Texas grinned, crossing his arms.

"Don't bring that back..." America cringed.

"Oh c'mon, you had the time of your life!"

"Ugh. Well, to be fair, they asked first. And I think it's more fair this way."

"RUDE!" Texas stomped his foot, "We could've been friends! Or you coulda turned on 'em and joined us instead! But ya didn't." He monologued dramatically, "You leave me no choice... GET 'EM!"

At his command, the states were upon them. Nebraska launched herself at Russia, climbing up his leg and onto his torso like she was an oversized spider. He took a fumbling step back in shock. What the?! Why are all these kids literal gremlins? Are they always like this— He tried to pull her off of him— or is it just because of the war— but she had a firm grip on his shirt, the fabric balled up in her fingers.

He glanced over at America, who was getting barraged by multiple states. He was managing fine.

Another state, who Russia still didn't know the name of, decided to attach themself to his leg. He tried to shake them off while still prying at Nebraska. He didn't know how, but he was going to have to get them off somehow.

It was in that moment that Nebraska pulled his ushanka down over his eyes and the world went dark.

Russia thrashed violently and felt the weight on his back disappear, and then a thump on the ground in front of him. He lifted his ushanka back to its usual position. The first thing he saw was Nebraska sprawled out on the ground in front of him. For a second he worried that she was injured, that she would start crying, but she got back up to her feet and looked around.

He realized that this was a bad thing for him, since she was still fighting.

Russia had ignored the state wrapped around his leg until now. He wasn't sure what he should do about it, but it seemed like they were just trying to be dead weight, so he continued to ignore it.