CHAPTER ONE

The cool night breeze brushed past my skin as I walked through the empty street. I walked with my heart contented, happy and free. At last I muttered to myself. But then again I feel incomplete, broken, deceived. I felt used and stupid for being blind and played. But who is to blame I thought, then a voice from my head said only you,you have no one but yourself to blame.
The street was quiet as a cemetery only the howls of dogs are heard from house to house. I walked on till I got to a big iron gate. I don't care what he says, my mind is made up already I said to myself.
I knocked on the gate the first time, no response, another knock, still no response. Then the third and i heard a groan.

"Who be that" the security bellowed from inside. I kept mute and knocked again.

"Shey you no dey sleep for ya house wey you con dey disturb person peace for here"
Still kept quiet then I heard the security opening a small rectangular opening from the gate and his face came frowning at first but turned shocked from seeing me.

"Aunty what are you doing here.. er ...by this h-hour....time?" He stammered. I looked away from him not giving him a response. He sensed my behavior and look, and immediately opened the gate for me. I stepped in and saw a bungalow, home I whispered and began walking to the main door.
As I moved my shaking legs my eyes narrowed through the compound. It caught a big thing staring at me furiously. It barked at me expecting me to retreat from coming closer, but I kept on walking. Then it came running towards me. When it came closer it tugged at my clothe,tearing off some part of my hijab.
The security came running, he started pulling the dog away trying to save me from it claws. But before he could drag it away, it has already sunk it's sharp teeth on my left arm. Blood oozed out immediately but I couldn't feel any pain. The security shrieked in fear as he saw the bite and started apologizing while the dog ran back to it's cage. I continued to pull my legs to the main door. I first contemplated on knocking or entering. I decided to knock. I knocked the first time and the door screeched open. My mum stood before me. Her facial expression changed from normal calm look and was taken aback by shock and confusion.

W-hat's wrong, my child? Where is Hammad? She panicked. I fell into the ground and tears trickled down my cheek. She started calling the names of other family members.

She came down to my level, "Oh Allah Rahimah, what happened?" She said with a shaking voice, confused . I looked at her as her image started becoming blur. My head started hurting and the pain on my arm began to hurt me also.

"M-Mom" I said "I'm DONE with this shit called marriage". I finished and darkness swallowed me.

*******************
(COMES IN THROUGH THE BACK DOOR, FEELING SHY😌😌)

Wow! How was it guys? Please I need your feedback, comment, messages and the most, your word of encouragement.
This is just the beginning and remember we started together and Insha Allah we'll end well. Ameen.

Pls do not forget to click on that star🌟 down there👇. I would be pleased if you do so. Bye for now!😊 (EXITS)

Dēēyåh pëãrl❤️