012.

TRUE X. SANTIAGO
2021

True stopped his car in front of a barber shop that sat in the middle of Harlem. Since Adrian was in summer program from 8 to 3 and Hasen was sleeping, he had some free time, and he was spending his free time getting a haircut.

True got out of his car, closing the door and locking it with his keys afterwards. He pulled his pants up and walked up to the barber shop that his friend, Ryan, owned.

He opened the door, making the chimes ring, letting people know he was coming in. As soon as he shut the door behind him, he made eye contact with Ryan.

"Nah, you mad dayroom. I don't fuck with you no more." Ryan spoke up, getting up from his chair and throwing his empty bag of chips in the garbage. "Fuck you talking about? I ain't do nothing." True responded as he walked over, helping himself to the empty seat.

S/N : My last time telling y'all I know nothing about New York, I'm trying yaal 😞

Ryan sucked his teeth, putting the cape around his neck.

"You be going ghost, but you couldn't come visit? that's crazy." Ryan said, shaking his head and getting his clippers ready, "I been busy." True responded simply.

Yeah, Aigh, busy with what nigga? Work? You barely even do that; got Zeddy bum ass coaching them kids." Ryan said, making True shake his head.

"That was just for a minute." True said

"The usual?" Ryan asked, and True nodded his head. All he did was get a taper—nothing special.

"Where Dri at?" Ryan asked making conversation. "Summer program." True responded, "You really put him in that shit?" Ryan asked

"He wanted to go; he hate being in the house." True responded, looking down at his sneakers. Ryan hummed, continuing to cut True's hair.

"I heard you got a girl now, Mr. These bitches not worth my time." Ryan spoke with a laugh, and True shook his head.

"She ain't these bitches, though." True said, making Ryan chuckle, "Simp ass nigga, let me see her." Ryan said, and True shook his head no.

"She ugly or something?" Ryan asked as he stopped cutting his hair, and True shook his head no. He was just being stingy.

"Don't be like that bra." Ryan said, resuming to cut True's hair, and True smacked his lips.

"I'll show you, but don't say no stupid shit. I'll slap the shit out you." True warned as he unlocked his phone with Face ID. He went to his photo album, making sure the brightness was down, until he found a picture of just Hasen.

Stopping at one of the many pictures he took of her, he clicked on a random one.

It was rare too; she was smiling in this one. Her braids were in a bun, letting her whole face show, and her gold jewelry made her skin pop. True turned his brightness up and lifted his phone up. Ryan stopped cutting his hair and looked at his phone.

"Damn!" Ryan exclaimed, making True turn and look at him with a mug on his face. Ryan put his hands up in surrender. "It caught me off guard, bra my fault, she bad. I'm not even gon sit here and lie to you." Ryan said laughing.

True turned around, locking his phone before sitting it on his lap. Ryan proceeded with his haircut. "She got sisters? Put me on." Ryan said

"One like girls, and the other one run her mouth too much." True said, bouncing his leg up and down. "She ain't got no friends? If she bad, I know the friends bad too." Ryan said, making True smack his lips.