𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

𝗜𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗗𝗔𝗬, their first day with the Metkayina clan. Jake was told by the chief that his children, along with their friend, would be teaching the Sully siblings on what to do.

The man had informed all his children on what he was told, and they headed towards the bay of the water where the chief's children were waiting for them.

Mackenzie held Tuk's hand, she wanted to keep her close due to their unfamiliar surroundings. Tuk was too excited, and as they reached close to the water, she began jumping around the bouncy floor. "Tuk! Be careful!"

Tsireya smiled at the sight of Lo'ak,
"Are you ready?" Without letting them answer, she and the reef boys had jumped into the water. Neteyam yelled,
"Come on!" For his siblings to follow them.

Mackenzie dove in and began swimming, she wasn't a good swimmer but she had great body strength and swam a little faster than her siblings. The water was beautiful, all the sea creatures stunned her completely.

Her and the boys attempted to swim towards the reef children, until they completely ran out of air and swam up towards the surface. "This is hard!" Neteyam cried out, Mackenzie laughed.
"You are too slow, brother!"

"Don't get cocky, Mac! You ran out of breath too!" She rolled her eyes,
"Yes, but I'm not whining about it!"
Neteyam sighed and took a deep breath, causing Mackenzie and Lo'ak to follow him. It wasn't too long before they ran out of breath again, and had to swim up again.

It seemed that the reef kids caught up on that and swam up too. "Are you alright?" Tsireya calmly asked them.
"You're too fast! Wait for us!" Tuk told them trying to swim up and stay afloat.
"Wipe the water off your eyes, Tuk."

"Just breathe, breathe."

"You are not good divers. Maybe good swimming through trees but "Rotxo commented before Tsireya hit him in the head. "You wouldn't survive an hour in the forest." Mackenzie told the boy.
Neteyam looked at Mackenzie with a warning look. "What? It's the truth."

"I'd beat you!" The boy told her, Mackenzie growled lowly before Aonung jumped in. "Tsireya and I will teach you how to swim better," They nodded and the boy looked at her.

Again with that stare, it was too much for her. She didn't know how to think or feel about it, it was really weird.

"We don't speak this... finger talk."
Neteyam gestured to them what he saw them so earlier when they were swimming. "We don't know what you're saying."

"Tsireya and I will teach you that too."
Aonung reassured them, keeping a nonchalant look.

*⁂᯽⁂*

It wasn't long after that they decided it was probably best to teach them something else.

They stood at the bay of the water as Ao'nung called out ilu's for the Sully siblings. "These are ilu, if you want to live here, you have to ride."

He stood next to Mackenzie , too close to her, she thought. The girl carefully looked at the ilu in front of her. "They won't bite like yours. Uli are harmless."

"Trust me, I will bite them back if they ever do." Aonung smiled at her joke, not knowing she was half joking about it.
She managed to get on top of the ilu, and took out her braid and connected it. "Feel the bond."

She closed her eyes and felt the connection, this was too easy. It took a bit of work to get Däve.

"I know what I'm doing." She told him off, she didn't like being told what to do, not to mention by a boy. "Then you don't need me here." He commented back, Mackenzie gave him a forced smile.
"Oh good, you do have a brain. That's surprising.