Chapter 1: Semester Starts

It was the end the August. Most colleges start their fall semester tomorrow, including Littlestone University, the local college for Kate Patterson, and the college she would be starting at tomorrow. Kate was a nervous wreck about tomorrow, being very worried about her ability to academically or mentally function in college. She had been too scared of starting college that she didn't do any research about the university she was starting tomorrow. She didn't read her schedule, she didn't know what dorm room she was in, and she didn't even know the layout of the campus. The girl was both nervously and eagerly awaiting the arrival of her best friend Megan at her house to take her there. At that moment though, Kate just sat on her bed, holding her light blue stuffed rabbit Blueberry and crying her little blue eyes out.

Looking at Kate, you wouldn't think she was about to start college, you'd think she was in elementary school, and a slow developing elementary school student at that. She had stopped growing in 3rd grade due to a pituitary gland deficiency of the human growth hormone, causing her permanent height to be 4'5, very short for somebody her age. She was also permanently incontinent due to being born with irreparable bladder and bowel damage from an accident her mother was in while she was in the womb, causing the already small girl to look even younger since she had to wear very thick diapers that were obvious no matter what she wore. Not helping her case was the fact that she wore clothes more for comfort than fashion, which ended up with her looking like an oversized toddler. The only colors she wore were pastels, and very childish pastels at that, with her wardrobe consisting entirely of light/baby blue, light/baby pink, pastel yellow and purple, and a pastel bluish green color. The types of clothes she wore only made her look more like a toddler, wearing adorable frilly dresses, fuzzy jackets, comfy and fuzzy sweatshirts and sweatpants, fuzzy, frilly socks and tights, warm hats, mittens and warm gloves, and only velcro slip-on, and buckle shoes, with the poor girl not even having the fine motor skills to tie shoe laces. She permanently dyed her naturally blonde hair light blue at 13 years old, loving the comforting pastel color. She almost always kept her hair in long pigtails, tied up by her parents in cute pink bows. Her outfit today was a frilly pink dress with three layers of poofy skirts, a light blue fuzzy jacket with a hood that had adorable bunny ears on it and a stuffed white bunny tail on the back of the jacket, light blue fuzzy thigh high socks, a pair of light blue velcro sneakers that light up when she steps, and of course, her super thick mostly white diaper with pink rabbit designs on it as her underwear, a diaper that caused her to waddle when she walked.

Suddenly, Kate heard a knock on her bedroom door. Upon hearing Kate's crying, the person opened the door gently and came inside Kate's room. The person was Megan Hathaway, Kate's one and only friend. Megan was standing there, her tall 6'1 body standing tall over the small girl on the bed. Megan had long brown hair, the same shade of brown as instant hot chocolate, and darker brown eyes. Her outfit was a beige t-shirt with a bear face on it, a short black skirt, white ankle socks, and black high top sneakers, with bracelets on her right arm that were made for her by Kate with help from Kate's parents due to Kate's poor fine motor skills. Megan stood there for a moment, unsure of what to make of the situation at first. She then slowly approached Kate, hugging the small girl gently. "Sh, it's okay Katie. Big sis Megan is here for you", Megan said, comforting the crying girl. Kate sniffled, stopping her tears and looking into Megan's eyes silently, clearly still scared to some degree. "Aw, little Katie is too shy for words. Well, we need to get going sweetie. We need to check into the university and get into our dorm.", Megan said, removing her hold of Kate, grabbing Kate's many suitcases due to the diapers and other childish things Kate needed to bring. "Dorm? Just one?", Kate asked, very confused. "Yes Katie. We're roommates, I can tell you didn't read your papers." Megan replied, admittedly having assumed that Kate wouldn't read any of her papers. Luckily, Megan accounted for everything. She was in contacts with the college all summer, making sure that they put her and Kate together as much as possible. The college happily obliged, making Kate and Megan roommates and keeping their lecture halls very close to each other, as in, always either across the hall or next door from each other. They also made sure the two girls had classes at the same times, on the same days, so they would be separated as little as possible.