Two: life on Rockuo

After finding out about these things, I swear I almost shat my pants.

The Marin might've been nothing like human, but Condo explained that they are aware that they are aliens, and that they aren't human. They like to kill anything they see that isn't friendly towards them. I guess they just go with their instincts. "So, that's how we know no human can go there. But this, you and Molly will be the first humans to become Marin." he smiled. He looked towards me. I shook, the first humans to become Marin. How would that even work?

"What happened to going in that new equipment? Why couldn't you do this with the old ones?" I was referring to the old ones as the past astronauts. "We know no matter how much equipment we put into these suits, they still won't work. We just decided this, and we think it will be safer. They won't notice." Condo winked. I'm surprised, knowing that they're aliens and probably been in this universe longer than we have, and they probably won't have the intelligence to notice that we are human. "We are hoping to make this planet into earths second planet, for anybody to visit." he said with a grin.

Second planet? How would anybody be able to visit? Does that mean we are going to have to kill them? That didn't sound fair. They were on the planet before us. We don't have the right to kill them just to have people's amusement. Who knows what could happen, maybe there's one that we forgot to kill and will destroy every last human on earth. And they might repopulate. "One last question, how do we really become Marin?" he smiled warmly before putting the blanket right back on the tube.

"I'm super glad you asked. Now that we know what they really look like, we have something like in the movie avatar, I heard it's similar to these aliens." avatar? I wonder what that could be. "We have these machines. They aren't ready yet but you should be ready to go tomorrow morning."
——————————————————————

It takes quite some time to set up the machines so it might take another few hours before you're really ready." then he sent me back up to the first floor of the sleeping quarters. He looked at me. He closed the basement door as he finished speaking. "Oh, and can I tell anybody about what I just saw?" I laugh, knowing that we aren't supposed to tell anybody about this to the public. "Like I said before, we don't want any rumors or anything, and of course, we don't want anybody freaking out. That would be a problem and we can't have any more problems at the lab." he smiled.

———————————————————————

Me and Molly practice learning the way of the Marin, only me and Molly can know, and the scientist that are working with Condo. Molly is a sweet girl with blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. She has been working for this place since she started college, I just started, and I felt like I knew nothing. But I didn't know anything. I don't even know what I'm doing but here I am standing with a girl talking about our new adventure on planet Rockuo. Molly says she's never been so excited, how can you be excited about starting fresh on a new planet you've never seen before?

"Machines ready, can we hurry this up?" the woman from yesterday speaks. Me and Molly not our heads as we leave the training area. The machines look odd, they are white with some gray lines at the bottom, at the very bottom of the machine, it says, "TORIOS LAB," must be the owner of the lab. I step inside of the machine and everything doesn't feel right. My head feels weird, I feel dizzy, and for some reason, my hands are shaking but the rest of my body stays still.

"Don't worry, Savanna. Those are just some normal side effects of the machine. It will ware off once you get into your new body." the head scientist says as she looks away from the machine. I don't feel safe inside of this thing. I want to open my eyes, but they immediately shut once I hear noises of the machine. I'm assuming the same thing happened to Molly. A few minutes later, I hear noises of creatures. Like birds. Did I die? I open my eyes to a beautiful place I've never seen before. I feel like I can't stand. My ears feel longer than usual as they flatten. I must be in the planet now. But how did they get them to go on the planet? Had this already been scheduled?

"Savanna!" I hear a voice coming near me. I blink twice before I see a unfamiliar head. "Savanna, it's me, Molly." she spoke before extending her new arm to help me up from the ground. I grab it and try to stand in my new body, but I keep shaking and almost falling down. Molly helps me stand properly as she grabs onto my shoulder. "I.. I feel really dizzy." I turned away. "The side effects must've not went away just yet." Molly nodded.

My ears go in all directions as I hear these new noises I've never heard before. The air feels normal, like it's not radioactive like Condo said. I look around to see creatures flying around me and Molly. Everything looks beautiful. "There, come on, the rest are waiting for us." she says, and I snap my head away from the creatures. "Who?" I say. "Mrs. Modyheart, Mr. Coryn, and Condo." Molly explained as she looked deep in my eyes. I thought it was just going to be me and Molly on this planet, surprisingly it wasn't.

——————————————————————

Mrs. Modyheart, the head scientist that helped me inside of the machine that would bring me into this body, looked at me from the shelter. "Savanna, you seem well." she walks slowly towards me and Molly. Molly is still holding onto my shoulder because I still can't walk properly. "The side effects haven't worn off yet, Mrs. Modyheart." Mrs. Modyheart smirked. "Morning sickness, eh?" she chuckled. The time worked different on here than it did on earth. It was morning here, I couldn't stop but laugh with her as well.

It took me a while to figure out who everybody was, but I quickly found out. Me and Condo went out into the forest together, he told me some things I didn't know about the planet. We sat on top of a log as we looked into a river full of creatures I've never seen before. "They see things differently than we do, they think humans are the real aliens, even though they know that they are, and we are the normal ones. They also don't sense the radiation in the air since it's so normal to them because they breathe it almost every two seconds." Condo says as he looks at me.

"I realized that quickly." I speak. "Can you teach me about the animals?" I ask, my ears flattening. "I.. I really don't know. The animals are different from earth, they look different, and they do things differently than normal animals that you would see every day. The Marin think the animals are their spirits trying to tell them when their days are ending. It makes no sense, but we can't say anything about it since they're different." he shook his head. I really liked animals, so I thought this was going to be easy for me. "I would love to figure out what the animals would think of us." I explain.

"I always see them, but they don't seem to bother with us. Maybe they know that we are human." he chuckled. I agreed with him. Molly came out from the bushes and sat on the log next to me. "Mrs. Modyheart says that we have will be leaving when the sun drops." she said looking at me. "Night? Does that mean it's going to be morning when we return?" she nods. "Afternoon. Almost." she smiled. "We should be heading back to the shelter then. It's never save here in the night." Condo says standing up from the log as he looks down at me.

"Are everything more aggressive in the night then the day?" I asked. "Only Cacoons, creatures that only come in the night. They are kind of like panthers." he nodded as we began walking.

The rest was waiting for us inside. I sat on one of the bunkbeds. "You should wake up any minute now. One of the scientist will wake most of you up by one." she said as everybody else sat down on separate beds. I waited patiently until I woke up.