Party at Reggie's

I wake up in the morning, feeling refreshed from a deep sleep. Yesterday was a great day spent with Daphne, and on top of that, Kimberly called me last night as I came home. I sit down for breakfast, munching on Corn Flakes mixed with Chocolate Milk, my face lights up with a small smile as Kimberly sends me a mirror selfie of her.

 I sit down for breakfast, munching on Corn Flakes mixed with Chocolate Milk, my face lights up with a small smile as Kimberly sends me a mirror selfie of her

The uncertainty I felt before slowly dissipates, replaced by a sense of contentment. Finishing my breakfast and tidying up, I slip my phone into my jeans pocket, sling my Jansport backpack over my shoulder, grab the keys to my Charger, and head out of the house.

Stepping into my car, I start the engine and pull out of the neighborhood. A realization strikes me that my fuel gauge is nearing the dreaded "E," so I make a pit stop at the gas station. As I wait for my tank to fill up, a stray dog approaches me. I can't resist giving him some cookies, which he greedily devours.

I pat the dog's head gently and chuckle, saying, "Good boy, you like it, huh?"

With a full tank, I remove the nozzle and continue my ride to school, leaving behind tire marks at the gas station.

Arriving at school, I take a deep breath before tackling the another great day ahead. As I walk through the hallway, I greet the familiar faces I encounter, offering a "Good morning, sir" to Mr. Trent as he passes by, a "Hi" to Cindy, a "Sup, man?" to Brad, one of my basketball teammates, a simple "Hi" to Tyrone, and a small wave to Greta.

Glancing over at a couple engaged in a passionate kiss in the hallway corner, I can't help but jest, "Really, guys? There are better places for that."

The man retorts, "Fuck off." I simply smile and shake my head.

Waiting for me at my locker are Andrew, Erick, and Fred. We exchange a few fist bumps and greetings before Erick remarks with a laugh, "Had a fun night, huh?"

I reply, "Yeah, kind of."

Andrew joins the conversation, asking, "So, any signs of Kim?"

I respond, "Yeah, she actually called me last night."

Andrew smiles and says, "Good to know, man."

We have the same geometry class today, so Erick and I head there together while Andrew and Fred head to their different classes.

Walking into the classroom, I notice a familiar Mexican among a group of girls. It's Mary, the girl I met at Seabird.

I approach her desk, surrounded by her friends, and greet her with a friendly "Hey."

Mary responds with a smile, "Heyy."

"I told you, see you at school."

She replies playfully, "That was, like, days ago."

"Well, it still counts."

I then introduce Erick to Mary, and they shake hands. Erick and I take our seats next to each other, waiting for Mrs. Jennifer to begin the lesson. While we wait, Erick asks if I'll be attending the reunion party hosted by our former middle school friend, Reggie.