My Turn - Ronald Speirs

-

-

fluff - fem oc "Eleanor"

tw: very slight mentions of smut but strictly innocent

-

Two knocks were heard at the door, to which Eleanor quickly ran to open it. She was met with no other than Ron Speirs.

His usually fierce eyes softened when he saw her beaming at him.

"Hello Els." Ron said.

"Hi." Eleanor kissed his cheek, following him into their room.

He took his coat off and turned to face her. Ron furrowed his eyebrows when he saw her being restless - something was clearly on her mind.

"Are you okay, Eleanor?" He asked stepping towards her. "Have you been hurt?"

Ron held her chin as he observed her face and scanned her body for possible injuries.

"I'm alright, Ron." Eleanor laughed.

His confusion grew as he watched her smile even wider.

"You are?" Ron inquired.

"I am." She nodded, then her gaze went to the bathroom door.

"Follow me." Eleanor told him and reached for his hand, walking towards the bathroom. They stepped in and Ron saw the bathtub full of warm water.

"What's this?" He asked her, amusement starting to grow on his face.

"Well, Captain, you're always taking care of me." Eleanor walked behind him and started to take off his military jacket. "It's my turn to repay you."

"You don't have to repay me, Eleanor." Ron sincerely said. It had been a week since Haguenau and they finally were able to stay in a warm place with warm water. Ever since Bastogne and Foy, Ron had always been treating Eleanor, whether it was with giving first dibs on a spare bed or even giving (rare) hot coffee to her. Ron went out of his way every damn time and Eleanor wanted to give something back.

"I care about you, Ron." She said sweetly. "Let me take care of you for once."

Ron looked at her as she went in front of him again. He reluctantly nodded once he saw her pleading eyes. He just couldn't say no.

Eleanor pressed another kiss to his cheek before she turned to leave the bathroom so he could have some privacy.

"No." Ron said. "You can stay."

Eleanor blushed as he began to strip down. They were together, just not like that yet. Her eyes scanned him, his hair was dirty from the battalion's time spent outside, however, she hadn't realized until then just how strong he really was. Ron was lean but his arms were muscular and he was- she paused looking down - he was well built. Eleanor pushed those thoughts out hastily as she helped him step in the tub.

He sat down and exhaled contently. This was the most vulnerable he had been around her, Eleanor's heart warmed.

"You gonna join me?" Ron smirked.

She paused before nodding. If he could do it in front of her, so could she.

Eleanor stripped down and felt her breath get caught in her throat when he looked at her. Since the war had begun, Eleanor hadn't cared enough to eat each day - which was ironic considering her position as a nurse - so she glanced in the mirror of the bathroom and looked at herself. She felt unsurprised as she saw her thin frame, yet she knew that since she and the troopers were in better living conditions, she would be able to get healthier again.

"Come here." Ron murmured, making her turn her head away from her reflection. "You're beautiful, Eleanor."

She blushed before getting into the tub with him. Eleanor sat in front of Ron and smiled at him as he leaned towards her for a kiss.

"I love you." He revealed.

Eleanor's brain went fuzzy when she registered those words.

"It's been true for a long time, Eleanor." Ron added.

"I love you too, Ron." She said.

They thrived in each others presence for a while before Eleanor began to scoop water over Ron's head.

"What're you doing that for?" He asked with a serious look on his face. Eleanor struggled to stifle her laughter as the water ran down.

"I'm just washin' your hair, Ron." She innocently said.

He grumbled something under his breath and she grinned.

Eleanor worked the shampoo in with her finger tips and giggled as he scrunched his nose.

"Now you'll smell good." She told him, rinsing out the suds of shampoo.

"And I didn't before?" Ron asked with a smirk.

"I think you and I both know the answer to that." Eleanor joked.

Ron suddenly lunged at her and attacked her face with kisses, earning a yelp and a bunch of laughter.

The rest of the night was spent with cuddles plus Ron could easily say that baths were his new favorite thing, other than Eleanor.

-