Chapter 10: Healing through Connection

"I always wanted to go here!" Maitree exclaimed, looking at the restaurant.

"Really? I didn't know," Rudra said, searching for a parking spot and giving her an "I totally knew it" look.

She chuckled at that. By now, she knew that nothing escaped Rudraksh Adhikari's eyes. His observational skills were off the charts, something she had been impressed by during their first meeting.

The restaurant 'Spice Fusion Delight' serves cuisine from around the world with an Indian touch. The unique feature is their weekly focus on a different cuisine and its signature dishes.

Maitree had always wanted to try Italian cuisine, including lasagna, pasta, and spaghetti. Just the thought of it made her mouth water.Every time Italian food came around, she was either on the night shift, stuck in an emergency surgery, or simply exhausted. However, a few months ago, she was almost at the door to try the cuisine with- she stopped her train of thoughts and told herself,"stop Maitree, bad thoughts go away focus on now"

Rudraksh guided Maitree. Her eyes widened as she walked inside the restaurant, which was decorated with colors and lights. On stage, there was a lady singing "Gali mein aaj chand nikla." "Sach mein chand nikla," thought Maitree.

Rudra pulled out a seat for Maitree, and she sat down while he sat opposite her.

Maitree looked at Rudra curiously, and Rudra raised his eyebrows.

"How did you know I wanted to eat here?" Maitree asked, giving up on asking with her eyes

"What are you talking about?" Rudra asked, putting his elbow on the table and wearing the most innocent expression.

"Oh, please!" she said, rolling her eyes. "Did you see me looking at food weirdly? Or let me guess, a delivery boy from this restaurant came to our hospital, looked at me, and you knew I wanted to eat from here!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands and making her best guess with a wide smile.

Rudra burst into laughter. "What do you take me for?"

"That's not it," Maitree said, looking embarrassed.

"No, this is all thanks to Instagram," he said, controlling his laughter. "I saw it on a feed."

"But I don't have Instagram," said Maitree with challenging eyes.

"You don't," Rudra said, leaning forward. "But Sonakshi does and Khushi follows her," he said, raising his eyebrows.

Maitree's smile grew wider with a teasing glint in her eyes. She said, "You went through a lot of trouble for a non-date."

"Yes, I did," he said honestly. "So, sooner or later, you will consider going on a real date with me."

Maitree's teasing expression softened into a playful smile. She leaned back slightly, a thoughtful look crossing her face.

"Let's order!" he said, opening the menu. She hummed.

"Waise! It's my first time here, so you have to guide me through the menu since you've already been here." he continued

Her expression changed, and her grip on the menu tightened. Rudra noticed and thought, "Bad move, Rudra." He said, "Since it's Italian night, we should go with pasta. Do you like pasta?" She nodded with pursed lips. "Alright! Waiter!" he called and placed the order. "One moment she was happy and smiling, then I opened my mouth and ruined it," he thought with his eyes closed and his hand covering his mouth.

She noticed his expressions and pondered how to tell him about the night she had visited this restaurant. However, she realized she was maintaining a straight face, and he might think she wasn't enjoying his company. "He did all this for you," she thought, looking at him. "You're such a bad company."