Chapter 13 - Kayla

"Hello, Evan."

I heard my mate growl lowly at the naked Alpha.

My mate. I'm still so amazed that he accepted me so readily. He didn't care about any of it. Blood Alpha Cooper told me he saw my file and knew I couldn't have pups. Yet, he still wanted me.

I put my feelings into the mate bond, and Nicolas turned and nudged me. When I looked up, he licked my face.

I then did something I hadn't done in years. I giggled. When I turned to my parents, their smiles said it all.

Nicolas turned back to Evan and growled louder. Evan backed up a few steps with his hands in the air and looked to Alpha One.

"Newly mated," she said. "You may want to put clothes on before he gets really angry."

Evan walked back towards his other pack wolves, looking at the one carrying a big bag. After putting on shorts and a T-shirt, he walked back toward us.

"You found your mate, Kayla?" he asked sadly. Evan hoped we could be choice mates when I was older, but I never wanted that.

"I did. This is Nicolas." I put my arms around his neck and said through the mate bond, "Can you shift back?"

Nicolas immediately shifted back, fully clothed. If his shift didn't give him away as a Mahani, that did.

"Congratulations." the Alpha said with little emotion. "Can anyone tell us what happened?"

"The wonderful Blood Alpha Sands decided to send his regards to the newly mated couple." Alpha One said sarcastically.

"I wish someone would let me kill him."

"He left a trail this time, so he'll go in front of the Council," she remarked.

"No one died, so he will get away with it yet again," Evan said bitterly.

His eyes glowed after a moment, and when I glanced at the others, their eyes were glowing, too. Someone was talking to the group.

"You don't need us, right?" He asked Alpha One, already stripping.

"No, but let me know if you need us!" She yelled to their retreating tails.

Whatever it was, it had his attention.

"Beta Eight, call for someone to pick up these five and knock them out for the journey. Alpha Two, get a mission together to get the families of these men free and take Blood Alpha Sands to the holding cells." Blood Alpha Cooper ordered.

"Understood." She replied.

The Betas drugged the five rogues who wanted us dead before the Elemental Alphas released them. The powers they have are incredible.

"She doesn't talk much, does she?" I motioned to Alpha Two.

"She does when she isn't focused. I, however, am a simple Elemental with a wonderful sense of humor!"

"Speaking of which, what did you teach my children? The Blood Alpha warned me."

She laughed and shook her head no.

"Doc, what did you do? And how are they? What were they told?"

"They are wonderful as always. I love babysitting them. They were told you were hurt but okay and that you found your mate." She looked at me. "Will is a little scared you won't want them, but Debra is sure you'll love her."

"I thought there were three?" My wolf was paying close attention.

"The youngest is only three months old," Nicolas said.

My overly ecstatic wolf pushed herself to the surface during my astonishment. I felt the mate bond flair right as I shifted. My wolf tackled poor Nicolas and wouldn't stop licking his face, neck, and anywhere she could reach.

It was so embarrassing!

"Kayla!" Blood Alpha Sinclair yelled. My wolf allowed me back in control. I sat down and lowered my head. "I'll have someone fetch a robe. Where are your torn clothes?"

I looked around but didn't see them. Nicolas chuckled as he stood back up.

"No need for any robes. Go ahead, shift."

The mate bond flared again, and I could feel how to do it. It was so easy. I proceeded to shift several times. I was like a kid with a new toy. After the fifth time, I stopped and stepped into my mate's open arms. The tingles where we touched felt so good.

"I'm guessing everything went well?"

I turned in my mate's arms and looked at my brother, who was slowly approaching. Fully dressed, thank the Goddess.

"This is Nicolas," I breathed in my mate's scent before looking at him, "and this is one of my brothers, Lachlan."

"Good to meet you." Nicolas held me tighter. I could feel his stress through the bond. He desperately wants to make a good impression.

"I see you already figured out the 'shift with clothes on' power." He said with a wide smile as my mother stepped forward.

"While not needing robes is very convenient, Kayla and Nicolas, I'm wondering when I will meet my grandpups!" She said with joy. "You said the youngest is three months old, but what about the other two?"

"Will is four going on forty, and Debra is a two-and-a-half-year-old princess. The littlest one is Sydney. She is currently teething."

My heart soared! I have three pups, and they are young.

"When can I meet them?" Nicolas could feel my excitement through the bond.

"We can hitch a ride back with the Betas, who are taking the wolves to the cells. While we wait, can I meet your pack and see where you live? We normally move to our mate's pack. Is that okay?" His stress just skyrocketed, even though his face held an easy smile.

"Of course! Do you want to shift and run back? It would be faster." My wolf wants to run with her mate badly.

Nicolas turned to my parents and then Alex. Once both waved us on, we shifted. I will never call my mate's shift a dog, as it is a wolf: a wolf that resembles a dog, and a beautiful one at that.

My wolf is an Alpha and is more significant than most. How is Nicolas the same size? I sent my puzzlement through the mate bond.

"My wolf became larger once you accepted me to match your size so that I can protect you. It's a Mahani thing. More powers will emerge once we have the ceremony."

"I just realized I can mindlink you even though we haven't marked each other! Another Mahani power?"

"Yes. Um, Kayla, how will your pack react to me and the children?"

I wasn't sure, but I wasn't giving them up, so we will soon find out.

*******

Awww! Young love...❤️
--April

The Mahani Wolves (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें