Steps Back and Forth

???

"Rin."

I smile as the small, cloaked figure instantly whips around. I can see the annoyed face of my precious little sister as she angrily storms towards where I am, her bright silver eyes wide.

The silver eyes we shared.

She crosses her arms.

"Jungkook, I'm not doing this anymore."

"Why not?" I say, still smiling. "At least give me something first. How is he doing?"

"He's doing fine," She says, rolling her eyes. "You healed him completely that day. He's out training literally every single time."

Good.

I'd thought I'd missed some things on the day of the Hunt. I'd been interrupted by the Asura Princess.

Now Queen, wasn't she?

"And the Queen?" I ask. The moment I mention the newly-coronated Queen, Rin's lips twist into a frown. "How is she treating him still?"

"The Queen is the kindest person that I've ever seen." She says, putting her hands on her hips. "She treats him better than any Mistress does, and even to her servants. I don't want to spy on her for you anymore."

She pouts. "I feel like I'm betraying her trust."

And I'm surprised.

What kind of a woman was the Queen to make my feisty younger sister feel this way? Rin didn't give her trust easily. I would know— as the only person she'd given it to.

Until a week ago.

"It's not like I'm asking to do anything bad." I say softly. "You know how I—"

"I know." She says. "That's why I've done it for you until now. But it just feels kind of wrong. Your friend's in really, really good hands. So you have nothing to worry about."

"She cares for him a lot, Jungkook."

Then she shifts the hood over head deeper. And as she rapidly walks away, she looks back over her shoulder one last time. I hear her call softly.

"This is the last time!"

The Queen.

The more I hear about her, the more she pulls my interest. I'd never have thought she'd gain Rin's favor. Or Taehyung's, for that part. He was not someone to follow someone else this easily.

And with such loyalty.

I turn and fix my cloak over my own head.

I might need to pay her a visit sometime soon.

______________________________

SILIN

I feel the exact moment when Jimin sees the dark marks littered all across my throat and collarbone. I hear it— when the dress he holds for me slips out from his grip and crumples to the floor.

He stands completely still.

"Jimin," I say. "I'll need a different dress. One that'll completely cover all of this."

He doesn't speak for a while. But when he does, his voice is a compression of pure, white-hot fury. I smile softly at the fact that he doesn't even try to hide it.

I also appreciate how he doesn't mention it at all.

"I'll have it for you right away, my lady." He whispers. I murmur quiet gratitude.