Attacked at the gridwalk

The gridwalk was unsually the safest part of the weekend for the drivers, at least you would think so. These drivers put themselves in harms way 23 weekends a year, they know they could crash and hurt themselves, they know the risk they are taking with driving there cars. But they have all accepted that risk, for the love of the sport. They all love racing that is why they are there, they have all trained hard for it.

For Lance the gridwalk was just something to get through, he was not the most popular driver and he had accepted that a long time ago, he was fine with the attention not being on him, he disliked the media side of formula 1, he found it hard to talk to new interviewers and he was fully aware that he came across very awkward or even disinterested on camera, people either liked him or not and he was fine with it, not really letting the mainstream media get to much imside into his life, after many years in the sport he had accepted that fact that some people disliked him because of his upbringing and his fathers involvement. He would never be the most popular driver, but then again. He did not really want to be either, he saw the media around Charles, Lando, George and he had no interest in that.

"Good luck out there" he got told by people walking past him.
"Thank you" Lance smiled at the people nice enough to come over and say good luck, he hoped that this race would be good, he had done well in Quali the day before, ending up in P5, behind Max, Sergio, Fernando and Charles. It had been his best quali of the year so far, his race pace had always been better than his quali pace and that was something that Fernando was helping him with. He loved his teamwork with Fernando Alonso, he was a great guy, Lance was not stupid he knew Fernandos history with his partners his best friend Esteban Ocon in that lineup of drivers that Fernando Alonso had a difficult partnership with.

"Lance, we need to talk game plan" Fernando smiled as he walked over to his teammate, Lance smiled back, Fernando had just two modes, race mode and play mode and Lance loved that about him.

"What are you thinking?" Lance smiled, Alonso wanted to try and get between the redbulls but he wanted to have Lance as close to him as he could and there main focus was getting a lot of points for the team, they were fighting the Mercades and Ferrari for second place in the constructors championsship. They wanted to stay there and so far the weekend was going great, Russell had a nightmare quali and was P16 and Lewis was behind Lance in P6. Charles was P4 while Carlos was P7. There aim was to finish ahead off both Lewis and the Ferrari pair.

The cameras were on them and they were fully aware of that. They smiled and went on with there preperations but then out of nowhere Lance finds himself on the floor pain in the back of his head, struggling to even stay awake, he had no idea what had happened and just as suddenly as he had been attacked his vision failed him and his head hit the ground, Fernando watching in shock as a man had ran up to his teammate and slammed something in the back of his head and running off.

----------------------

"LANCE" Fernando yelled as his teammate went down, moaning for a few second until he hit the ground, he had passed out

"Grab that guy! He hit him, what did you do?" Fernando yelled after a guy that was now running away as fast as he could, Max and Charles running off after him with security guards close behind. The guy then threw a brick that he had been holding behind him and he managed to jump over the fence before anyone could grab him. Charles taking the brick, it was the size of his hand.
"Ouch" Charles said as he looked at the brick that had hit his friend in the head"
"What the fuck is wrong with people" yelled Max as they walked back angry that they had not managed to catch the guy that had done this. The aftermath was not a pretty sight at all, Lance on the floor next to his car and Fernando trying to wake him up.