- 03; lunam et solem -

𖤓

"I'M SORRY, RÌ..."

The high elder Vidyadhara firms his lips staring at his cup, the moment you beheld his handsome visage, you were transfixed by his charm and wit. The wind caressed your skin as the king's eyes met your own... You felt a flush of butterflies in your stomach, and you knew you were falling under his spell. But alas, Dan Feng was the moon itself, not bound by the constraints of mere mortals' desires.

As the moon rises over the horizon, a light breeze dances across the plains, gently teasing the grass beneath. In the distant sky, stars shimmer through the passing clouds... and the faint smile of a woman who has accepted the reality of her situation. Your eyes are filled with a sense of peace, though there is a hint of sadness in your heart. As you stare up at the full moon, a single tear trickles down your cheek. You knew it would never happen, that he was bound to a greater purpose, you were a mortal and he was an immortal, staring at the moon you let out a soft sigh, "It's fine... I knew we would never happen... It was... Pretty obvious for the past 10 years of friendship..."

Dan Feng frowns seeing the gleaming yet soaked eyelashes of yours, "Forgive me... I—"

"Cease those words, Yue. You did nothing wrong..."

He stays silent for a bit staring at you.

As you took a sip of your tea, you smiled warmly at your companion. The delicious sweetness was soothing, the comforting heat was calming, and the warmth of the moment was heartwarming. Everything felt just right in that instant, "Have you ever heard of that ancient classical story about forbidden love?" You asked feeling the wind taking your breath.

"... I've read it once before." He replies simply nodding, taking a sip of his tea and savoring the relaxing atmosphere. Perhaps he was savoring something more, the connection between them in that moment, the warmth of their... Friendship.

Like a ray of sunshine, you beam brightly at him, all traces of nervousness gone. In that moment, your radiant smile made you seem almost otherworldly as if you had come from a world where joy was just a part of everyday life. Your gaze was full of enthusiasm, and your optimism was contagious, "You have!... Well, that's very adequate... Now I don't have to be alone discussing something similar to us..." You feel the steam caress her nose as you smile, but for some reason, the smile wasn't a familiar one.