Part 7 : A wicked man

Arnav took a deadly step towards the man and spoke in deceptively calm voice. "How dare you come here?"

The man gave him a wicked smile. "Toh yaad hoon mai? Haan aakhir Devraj Mittal ko kon bhool sakta hai?"

Arnav pocketed his hands and stood calmly. "Shaitaan ko bhool gye toh bhagwan ko yaad karne ki wajah nhi bachegi."

That wiped off the heinous smile from Devraj Mittal's face.

Arnav looked at Aashika who had protectively pulled both Aryan and Ayaansh behind her. She didn't want the man anywhere near her boys.

Devraj followed Arnav's gaze and smiled wickedly. "Inme se woh bacha kon hai, Arnav? Vaise toh—"

He stopped as Arnav turned towards him with blazing eyes.

"Bacho ko andar le jao, Aashi."

Aashika didn't need to be told twice. She held their hands and took them inside. She trusted Arnav to deal with the man. They had nothing to worry.

"Why are you here, Mittal?"

Devraj was furious. No one dared to talk to him in that tone. "Itne saal ho gye par tum nhi badle, Arnav. Abhi bhi—"

"I assume you're not here to waste my time on these talks, are you?"

Devraj gritted his teeth. "Bhulo mat tumhari kya aukaat hai, Arnav. Tum mere—"

"Awaaz neeche!" Aniket stood beside Arnav and looked straight in Devraj Mittal's eyes. "Tum mat bhulo ki humare ghar me khade ho! Bhaiya se unchi awaaz me baat ki toh mujhse bura koi nhi hoga."

"Toh tumne bhi bolna seekh hi liya? Achcha sikhaya hai Arnav ne."

Arnav's eyes hardened. "Mere bhai se door raho, Mittal. Aur seedhe seedhe batao kyun aaye ho?"

"Toh thik hai, Arnav. Seedhe hi baat karte hai. Mr. Ashok Singhania had taken the loan from me. Mere lawyer ne tumhe agreement toh dikha hi diya hoga. Woh ghar ab mera hai, Arnav." Devraj finished with an evil grin on his face.

Arnav was shocked to hear that. He had no idea it was the same Devraj Mittal. Did his mother know about it? Was she going to do the same with Ayaansh as she did with him?

Aniket came out of the shock and looked at Devraj. "Woh ghar tumhe nhi milega, Mittal. Woh ghar humare Bhai ka hai—"

Devraj laughed cutting off Aniket. "Bhai? Humara Bhai? Kon sa Bhai? Arnav ka sautela Bhai hai woh ladka. Tum kuch nhi lagte uske. Na uske na Arnav—"

"Shut up, Mittal." Arnav stood in front of Aniket and stared at Devraj coldly. "If you dare to say one more word about my brother, I'll make sure you're destroyed in the worst possible way. Just a few calls would be enough."

Devraj snickered. "Kya bigadoge mera, Arnav? Mujhe tumhare Bhai me vaise bhi dilchaspi nhi hai. Mai toh bas tumhe batane aaya tha ki agle hi hafte uss makaan ka namo nishan nhi milega tumhe wahan. Rok sakte ho rok lo."

"You'll not get the house, Mittal. Do everything you can! Mere Bhai ka hai woh ghar. Aankhein bhi nhi padne dunga kisi aur ki."

Arnav's confident voice didn't settle well with Devraj. He tried to find traces of fear on his faces but he could see none.

"Woh ladka tumhara sautela Bhai hai aur tum—"

"You should know that Arnav Singhania isn't available for such useless talks, Mittal. Agli baar se Bhaiya ka waqt kharab karne ki zarurat nhi hai. Ask your lawyer to get in touch with me."

Aniket shut him off coolly.

Devraj glared at him.

"You don't want to mess with me, Mittal. I already have enough reasons to ruin you beyond your imagination. Get out of my house."