XII

Layla

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping outside my window. I layed in bed for a couple minutes as rays of sun entered my room through the window.

I peeled off my covers and swung my legs off the bed. I got up and walked towards the door to the balcony. I pulled it open and stepped out. The sun was just above the horizon, it was still early. I took a couple of deep breaths of the chilly air before heading back inside.

I left the door open as I went to shower.

I stepped out of the steamy shower, and wiped the steam off of my mirror. Then I walked into my closet to pick an outfit. I picked out a cute yellow dress with little blue flowers on it as well as a white cardigan. I slipped on the dress and walked back into the bathroom to do my skincare and my makeup.

I applied a little bit of mascara and lipgloss before taking my hair out of its braid. I let the loose waves cascade down my back. I curled my two front pieces and put on some white sneakers. I opened the door to my room and jumped out of surprise when I saw Xherdan standing behind it.

"Oh my gosh! You scared me." I said while breathing out.

"Sorry about that, Miss Blanche. Are you heading down to breakfast?" He asked.

"Yes." I said as I walked down the stairs.

He followed close behind me, our footsteps resonating loudly in the stone stairwell.

I walked briskly to the dining room and sat down at the table. Marie came in and asked, "What would you like to drink, Mrs Blanche?"

"I would love a green tea, please."

"Of course, right away." She replied.

"Thank you, Marie." I said while smiling at her.

She smiled back and walked away towards the kitchen.

I looked out to the garden, it was beautiful. Especially with the light rays of the morning sun shining on the blades of grass.

I turned around in my chair, "Xherdan?" I asked.

"Yes, Miss Blanche?"

"Could I have a phone?" I asked.

"I'll ask Mr de Montmort." He replied

"If you need to know it's just for music and taking pictures." I said, trying my hardest to convince him.

"Let me call Mr de Montmort to ask him." He replied.

"Is he not here?" I asked with a tinge of confusion in my voice.

"He's out right now. He said to let you know to go to the stables at 14:00 and that he would be back for dinner at 20:30, like yesterday."

"Okay, that's fine. Thank you, Xherdan." I said while turning back in my chair.

I hoped that Axel would allow me to have a phone. Although this place was beautiful, being alone here made it so boring.

Marie came back with my tea and a bowl of sugar. I thanked her and she left.

I added one spoonful of sugar into my tea and stirred it carefully. I raised the cup to my lips to take a sip, when I saw a reflection of a guard walking behind me on the glass window. I turned around to see who it was... It was Zenno.

Before I could call out to greet him, he had already walked past the dining room. I would greet him later.

Marie came back with a basket of pastries. They looked delicious.