16

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

"AAAHH" matt screams into the camera as chris and nick argue about some useless things. he stops recording after and packs the camera in the bag.

"ben asked me to hang could you drop me off at his place?" chris asks not looking up from his phone.

"do you have a ride home tho?" matt side eyes him not wanting to pick him up like a dad.

"i'll just get an uber or something" chris still not looking up from his phone.

"is everything okay?" matt now asks realizing he's not just at bens place to hang.

"mhm" he says now looking up from his phone but still not facing his brothers.

they don't question it further and matt drops him off at bens place.

chris thanks matt and walks inside. ben just texted him that they need to talk and that it's about gabriella. he figured it can't be good and that he wanted to come to his place as soon as possible.

"yo bro" he goes for a handshake but chris just stands there. he slightly sticks his arm out to not be rude and they share a soft handshake.

"sorry not in the mood" chris says shortly after already feeling sorry for his behavior but something in him just switches when something's up with gabriella. their "break-up" was only 6 months ago and he was actually planning on finally asking her out. he realized that she needs more security and also he just really wants her to be officially his. he's never done that and that's why it took him so long to find the courage to finally ask her. now that he has it, he feels like that it's all going to be ruined by the conversation that's about to happen.

"look" ben starts.

chris already sighs not wanting to be here anymore.

"remember how you told me to go to her house to check up on her cause she needed space from you?"

his words sting in chris' chest. of course he remembers.

"she asked me to come inside and suggested that we could watch a movie and so we did"

chris wishes his ears would fall off.

"i went to the bathroom real quick and when i came back she sat on her bed and looked really sad so i sat next to her and gave her like a side hug you know"

were they close on her bed? or worse did they even cuddle? watching a movie can be pretty intimate, chris thinks to himself.

"she like told me that she lost feelings for you and basically broke things off to feel better about dating me. i couldn't say anything cause for one i was stunned but for two she kissed me and i was so confused and didn't pull away the exact moment cause what the fuck happened but then i did she tried to kiss me again and i scooted back."

chris can't believe his own ears. that doesn't sound like el. she would never hurt him like that. he senses that ben is not done and sighs as he goes on.