i- unexpected allies

August 9th, 2023

--

"Ugh!" You slammed the front door to your apartment. Storming over to your kitchen table, you spot an isolated piece of paper. You grab it, teeth grinding against each other as you crumpled up the paper with all of your pent-up fury.

It was another dead end that has almost gotten you killed. Again.

Rain tapped against the window. Picking up the piece of paper you throw it at the window. Right now any noise was insufferable. You watched as the paper gently bounced off the glass and onto the floor.

Running a hand through your hair, you took a deep breath. "It's okay." You tried to soothe yourself out of this fit.

After calming yourself you slowly walked over to the window and picked up the crumpled-up piece of paper. As you stood up, your eyes gazed over the skyline of Racoon City far off in the distance.

You have moved numerous times. There were two main reasons for all the moves, and both had to do with the Umbrella Corporation. The first reason was when you find them. The second is when they find you.

Your phone in my pocket started to ring. You look at the caller ID and quickly pick it up, "What do you need." I let my anger seep through my teeth.

"They need you at Racoon City Police Department." Your boss was short and right to the point.

"When." You snapped back. You were one more dead end away from leaving his group entirely. You were doing better when you struck out on your own.

"They need you now. Go. Bring everything you got." Then he hung up on you. You looked at my phone, the screen was now black. You gripped it so tight, your knuckles turn white. Your boss left you with no description of the case, nothing. All you could assume was it was due to the T-Virus that keeps popping up in places for unknown reasons.

You looked down at your leather jacket still wet from the rain of your last mission. briskly moving, you make it into your room. Opening the closet you take out your four pistols, from where they were strapped to your legs and chest. You unload the half-empty mags and reload fresh ones. Taking time to reattach all the new magazines as well. Your flashlights and knives didn't need readjusting but you gave them a quick touch to make sure they are still on your person from the last mission.

Your eyes narrowed on your closet floor. You couldn't help but release a deep sigh. "I hope this mission is easy." But more importantly, worth your time.

--

Raccoon City was never dead at this time of night. It sends chills down your spine as you speed past flickering street lights. Your hand's grip is tight on the wheel. You roll down the back windows because the AC in this car was broken. You didn't care that the seats in the back got wet, it wasn't really your car anyway. It was a car that you "borrowed" from one of your missions. It seems that this car was originally stolen as well. You didn't need to worry about any Umbrella goons tracking and hunting it down.

All of a sudden you hear three gunshots. You slow your car to a slow cruise. It wasn't your job to get involved with the local police department normally. Though it seemed that tonight you were supposed to be working on their team.

Then you heard another three. This time you knew where the shots were coming from. It was the gas station at the end of the street. Since you were heading towards the police department, there should be no problem picking up a criminal on the way.

You pull into the gestation and turn off the car. You take out your flashlight and your pistol as you slowly make your way to the glass front door. Then you hear a noise that you have heard numerous times.