Chapter VIII

Note: Thank you for the people who actually read this. If you're reading this, you've surpassed my expectations... I honestly expected that no one would read this... So... Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my sh*tty writing.

Intermission: Dreams and Lost Memories

CHAPTER VIII

Infinity6

Munin

"Forgive me."

Present

Infinity hour

Universe #̸̛̤ ̸̡̧͎͓̟̲̺̦̦͉͍̙͇̖̠̟͕̠̱͙̓̒̒͋̂̄̑͑̇͘ͅ1̶̢̦̝͈̲̳̭͍̟̯̠̜͇̭̙̳̹̻̗̏̄͗́2̴̼̥̙͊̿̈̂̐̃̈̎̆̓͒̈́̆̂̔̉̈̑̄̆̉͘͝4̶̖̜̘͚̟̘̩͎̙̤͊̄̆̒̌̊͒̐̂͗̓̐́͂͐́̔̓̿͂̂͘͘2̸̡̢͓̟̻̩̪̟̖͓̯̣̩̝͈̞̳͈̝̜͆͗̏͊̓̓̑̀̇̊̄͗̃̏͘͜͝͝9̴̢̛̮͇̲̪̲̠̼̫̼̓́̓͒̌̈́͒́͝ͅ3̸͕̃̉8̸̢̦̞͓͔̓͜9̵̡̨͎̙̻̮͈̼̖̠̱̲̦̗̥͉̭̩̜̟̬̗͗͋̍͛͋̎̆̀̌̈́̈́̊͊̓̕̕1̷̧̧̠̲͇͎͉͇͓͕̘̙̒͐̕͠

He opens his eyes. He is in a forest, full of tall birch trees. He's lying on the ground, looking up at the sky. He had always loved birch trees. He always thought that they were beautiful. He stands up, dusting fallen leaves off of him. From the fallen leaves and the crisp breeze, he knows that it is autumn. He looks around but sees nothing but trees. He walks around the forest and eventually sees the blue sky through the black and white tree trunks. He continues towards the edge of the forest. When he gets closer he freezes. He saw someone he thought he would never see again. There, on the empty outcropping overlooking the landscape below, against the light blue sky, is that white and gold dress. The one he thought he would never see again.

The one that was always stained with blood in his memory. The blood of his sister. He takes a step forward, then another, and subconsciously walks to his sister's side and sits down next to her. For a moment, neither of them spoke. Munin was trying not to cry. It had been two years since he had last seen his sister. He just wanted to enjoy this moment, even if he knew that it wouldn't last.

"I remember that you've always loved the sky." She says, making him flinch. "I remember waking up at night and finding you on the balcony just staring at the sky." Munin smiled, putting his arm around his twin sister. He also remembered the days before the war. He cherished those memories and hoped that he would never forget them.

"I have always loved the sky," he says, staring at the horizon. "When I'm up there, I feel so at home. It's my kingdom, and I guess.... That's the reason why I care so little about what happens on the ground." he says to her. "Do you remember that time I almost fell off of Icosahedron Tower while messing with my Katana?" She laughs, smiles, and shakes her head.

"How could I not? You got us grounded for a month!" she says. Munin is silent for a moment. Then he pulls his sister into a tight embrace.

"I miss you so much, Hugin." He says. "I'd give anything to be with you again." Hugin opened her mouth as if to say something, but the dream was quickly coming to an end around them.

"Munin... Stay strong. We will meet again someday. I promise." She says as she starts to fade.

"No! Hugin! Please... Stay a little longer!" he yells.

"Stay strong brother. We'll meet again soon." Hugin smiles warmly. "I promise."

://CRITICAL_ERROR//

//WARNING_CRITICAL_COMPONENT//Undetected//

//Critical_ENGINE_FAILURE// SearchEngine reboot_REQUIRED//