Chapter 7: The Triumph of Mastery: Raditz's Redemption

Raditz found himself immersed in a complex web of emotions as he stood before his mother, his heart torn between duty and newfound connection. The sight of Gine, unharmed and radiating maternal warmth, had a profound effect on him. His fingers hovered over the buttons of his scouter, uncertainty gnawing at him.

But in that moment, the love he felt for his mother outweighed his allegiance to his mission. With a resolute exhale, Raditz made a decision that would alter his path. His hand moved to his scouter, fingers deftly turning it off, severing the connection to the world of power readings and conquest.

"W-why did you come here, Raditz?" Gine's voice, tinged with a mix of disbelief and joy, reached his ears. "Not that I'm complaining, I'm so happy to see my boy all grown up!"

The words caught in Raditz's throat, emotions swirling within him. Gathering his thoughts, he finally managed to speak, his voice tinged with sincerity. "I was going to recruit Turles and Kakarot to join the remaining Saiyans... I was going to make them join by force, but... I don't think I want to anymore."

A wave of relief washed over Gine as she listened to her son's words. Her heart swelled with a mixture of pride and love, realizing the profound change that had taken place within Raditz. The weight of his intentions lifted, replaced by a newfound sense of purpose.

"Nice to know that you won't cause trouble for us," Turles chimed in, a hint of amusement in his voice. "And it's great to see you again, Raditz."

Raditz's lips curved into a wry smirk. "Same as you."

His gaze shifted to the two young boys, Gohan and Goten, standing alongside their mothers. A mixture of curiosity and surprise danced in his eyes as he took in the scene before him. The bond between his family members was undeniable, and Raditz couldn't help but be intrigued.

"You reproduced with the humans?" Raditz quipped, his voice laced with a playful edge. "Guess I'm an uncle now." His gaze settled on Goten, the child's features strikingly reminiscent of both his father, Kakarot and Turles.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Raditz turned his attention to the young ones. "What's your name?" he asked Goten, genuine interest evident in his voice.

"I'm Goten," the boy answered, his eyes meeting Raditz's.

"And you?" Raditz turned his gaze to Gohan, who met his gaze with a calm, assured demeanor.

"The name is Gohan," Gohan replied, a hint of pride in his voice.

As the conversation shifted, Kakarot's voice cut through the air, his concern veiled with a touch of humor. "Vegeta and Nappa are gonna be trouble, aren't they?"

A knowing grin tugged at Raditz's lips, his arms folding across his chest. "Oh, you can count on it."

Turles, exuding an air of confidence, interjected. "They won't be a problem for us."

Raditz arched an eyebrow, skepticism coloring his expression. "I beg to differ. Your power level was at 3,000 when I checked my scouter."

A shared glance passed between Kakarot and Turles, their smirks telling of a well-kept secret. "We're suppressing our power," Kakarot explained simply, an air of mystery surrounding their newfound skill.

Raditz's eyes widened at the revelation, a mixture of surprise and intrigue coursing through him. The concept of suppressing power was foreign to him, and it left him with more questions than answers.

"Then... what are your true power levels?" he inquired, his curiosity piqued.

Turles leaned back, thoughtful for a moment. "If I could guess, I would say around 30,000."