Chapter 3

The next day, Kyros was here again.

"Good morning, Ma'am. Manang is outside cleaning the garden." Kyros greeted me with a smile.

"Morning, you're too early." I greeted him back.

He was laying out the food on the dining table, and I approached to help him.

"You cooked?" I asked him.

"Yes, I cooked. I told Manang that I will be the one to cook here from now on," he replied while holding a plate.

Just kidding.

"No. Are you going to take Manang's job too?" I asked.

"I'm not taking it, Ma'am. I just get bored all the time," he replied while pouring juice into a glass.

"Why?" I asked.

"Anong bakit?" he asked back.

"Why are you like this? I'm looking for a secretary, not a house helper," I said.

"Ma'am, is it wrong to take care of you?" he asked me.

Take care?

For what?

I can take care of myself.

"Ma'am, I'll be honest. I feel extremely comfortable taking care of you, watching over you. I always want to be with you, and I really love seeing your smile. I won't stop until I make you smile," he said, laughing and looking at my lips.

"You're so easy to take care of, Ma'am," he added.

The heck?

Most of my previous secretaries were not like this.

Most of the people close to me before, they avoided me.

To be honest?

Only Mom and Dad hugged me.

Craise and Jiro? Never.

Holding hands, yes.

Linking arms, yes.

But hug? Not yet.

Even my uncles and aunts.

I just scolded Kyros for what he said.

I don't know what this person wants from me.

If he just need my money or what.

I am currently washing my hands and still thinking about what Kyros told me while he was still serving food on the table.

"Ma'am, gising kana pala. Good morning, Ma'am," Manang greeted me with a smile and gloves on her hands.

"I just finished cleaning the garden, Sir Kyros cooked the food. Pinilit niya po kasi ako." Manang said, chuckling.

I listened to her without any emotion.

"Let's eat!" Kyros shouted from the dining table while Manang and I were still at the hand-washing area.

This house is also big, with four rooms, but it doesn't have a second floor.

This is really my house.

Mom and Dad have their own mansion.

I used to live in that mansion too, but since I reached legal age, they gave me my own house.

I didn't finish my studies because Mom said that pursuing Law is also risky.

That's why even though I wanted to become an attorney, I didn't pursue it.

After washing my hands, I went straight to the dining table.

I was about to sit down, but Kyros pulled out a chair for me to sit on.