[21] Ava's mate

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

I ran next to Edward and my sister.
We were out hunting and I can't help but notice my sister's off mood and the weird vibe from her and her mates.

Mates.

I wonder where mine is. Are they a girl or a boy?.
Blonde hair or a brunette?.
Tall or short?.
Honestly I don't care I just want someone to love me for me.

"Avanitta!." I jump and stop my running thoughts and look back at my sister and her husband.
"Huh?."

"Are you okay?, I've been talking to you and you just been blank." She looks worried but then it goes away from her face.
Mortica is good at taking her emotions and hiding them from her face.
But I can see it in her eyes.

I nod quickly "yeah I'm good let's continue." I say about to run off when a hand grab mine.
"Let's talk first." She says well more like whisper.
"Mortica I'm okay I promise." She lets me go and nod and we continue what we were doing when all of the sudden Edward stops and hold out his arms to stop me and Mortica.

"Someone's here." She says and I watch as Mortica grabs his arm and then she grab mine to pull me behind her to protect me which I don't need. I hear footsteps, only one set so we have the numbers if this vampire wants to start something.

"Sorry I didn't know others were in the area." I hear a woman voice say.
Her voice smooth like fine wine or something.
I peek around Edward and Mortica and see her.
She's beautiful.
Her dark hair and slim waist. She has an hourglass figure with a nice jawline.
Her eyes gold like ours.
This is her. My mate.
I can feel it.

It's hard to explain the feeling but I feel like I would die for her and I don't even know her name or spoken to her.
I move from behind the couple and her eyes look over me.
"I promise I wasn't trying to start trouble." She says looking at us.

"It's okay we just wasn't expecting anyone to be out here

"It's okay we just wasn't expecting anyone to be out here." I say and Edward looks at me and nod.
"Why don't you join us and maybe come back to our home and get to know us and us you." I say quickly stumbling over some of my words.
I hear my sister chuckling, making me turn and glare at her.

"Sure I would like that." She says and I feel like I'm on cloud nine.