Chapter-29

Damien's POV

Damien's POV

I sneak my way up to Joe's room, I'm sure the door right across is Anastasia's. I can see the shadow move through the frosted glass of her door and as much as I want to go into her room and say some really colourful things I know that our conversation tonight has come to end, and there is nothing that come off of me storming into her room except for her feeling smug.

So I go into Joe's room where I find him dancing around his room, wearing headphones and his minion boxers, a sight I wasn't planning on witnessing this late at night, when he makes his dramatic spin and spots me he jumps into the air with a silent scream.

"Let me guess Selena Gomez?" I ask as I take a seat on his bed. "Well I missed her." Joe replies. "What took you so long? I thought you said you already had the game at your house." Yes, I am sneaking into my best friend's house because we want to play a video game together. Apparently according to joe's dad you can be a mafia boss at 16 but some games are 'too violent for us'.

"Well I ran into your sister, had to resist the strong urge to strangle her." Although a part of me did want to take up her offer to choke her, while doing a couple of other things, I shake my head to rid myself of those thoughts, that is your best friend's sister and you hate.

"Just...why? Did she do something?" Joseph asks, and I want to say yes, but this is the one thing about me, he doesn't know, and it would be best if he doesn't.

He just told me about mending his relations with her, and even though for the life of me I can't figure out why he would be want to have any kind of a relationship with one of the most notorious figures in the underworld, this is his family, and he doesn't have the most functional families so he should get to keep this.

"She is just annoying, and irritating."

"Well we already knew that. Come on plug the game in." He says before he thankfully, puts on a pair of pants.

Anastasia's POV

When I woke up today, I atleast knew how my morning was going to go, I knew that right now, the was going to be an australian boy either asleep in my twin's room or trying to sneak out of the house, and well that would give me the perfect opportunity to do what I wanted to do.

I left my room with a genuine smile but it fell as soon as I saw the person in front of me, Alvise was also on his way downstairs as he stopped when he saw me, a hesitant smile creeped up on his face but fell as soon as he saw my expression, he opened his mouth to say something but I simply ignored him and made my way downstairs.

If that man is expecting everything to become normal just cause things are out in the open now, then he is mistaken, at least Joseph made the fucking effort to apologize to me for all the things he had said, Alvise hasn't even made an effort yet, I honestly don't care if he's scared or confused about approaching me but he is old enough to get his head out of his ass and try to talk to me like an adult.

In the living room, everyone is doing their own thing, with a sickly sweet smile I reach the table, and start to pour myself some juice, "Hey guys." The others greet me as well. "So, I wanted to ask, if it's okay that I invited Kai over for breakfast today. He's just one of my closest friends and you were the one who kept talking about me hanging out more with friends, so is it okay?"

My father nods his head in agreement as he looks up from the newspaper. "Yeah why not?" I smile in response, perfect.

"That's great. Hey joe, what about your friends, you always keep talking about that boy, what's his name, Daniel?" Joseph's eyes, become wide as saucers.

"It's Damien but you know it's not necessary, I don't really think we need to hang out today." He said from his place near the kitchen counter.

"Oh come on. Hanging out with friends is so much fun, and plus he must be a nice guy, why don't you call him? What do you say father?" Even during this, I couldn't yet bring myself to call Donatello, dad.

He looks up in thought and then nods "Yeah, buddy, I like that kid good enough, call him over we've got food, you guys can even leave for school together." I run towards Joseph and wait by him to call Damien.

"What are you doing?" He whispers to me, referring to the fact that I know well enough, that Damien's phone is going to ring in this very house, and him and I both know that boy wasn't smart enough to put his phone on silent.

"Sorry brother nothing personal." I whisper back, as I toss a few pieces of blueberries in my mouth.

With an awkward smile he turns to the rest of the room as they watch him with a waiting eyes. He picks up the phone, pretending to call Damien but I let out an exaggerated laugh and take his phone from his hands.

"Oh come on joe, try dialling the number, god you are so weird." I find Damien's contact info and press the call button and immediately hit speaker, I feel Joseph kick me under the table, with wide eyes begging me not do this. But that son of bitch needed to learn a lesson and my brother was simply collateral damage.

The distant ringing of a phone, intrigued my family as they looked around thinking it's one of their phones, but the best part was when Damien picked up his phone, "What the fuck man? I'm literally half out your window right now? Why are you calling me, I seriously don't want your dad lecturing me."

Joseph smacks his head in his hands, accepting his fate as my father gets up in one Swift move, going towards my brother's room. Within the next five seconds I hear an awkward "Oh hey, Mr. De Niro, what's up?" Followed by a string of ow, ow, ow. As my father brought him into the living room by his ear.

Damien's eyes find mine as he spots the phone in my hand, realising it was me that called him, there is absolute burning fire behind those eyes as I simply wave at him. "Damien? When did you get here? I had no idea!"

"Of course you didn't." I know there are a lot more colourful words he wants to say but can't.

"Oh you don't get to speak right now buddy, I'm the one who's gonna do the talking here, Joseph De Niro you get here right now." And then my father went on to talk for another 40 minutes as he lectured the two of them.

Once he was done, Damien was sent back home. And soon after him Kai was making his way into the house, "Good morning!" He announces as he enters the living room and grabs the plate of food I had prepared for him before he came.

He takes a seat beside me on the table, digging into his food, he reaches forward for maple syrup to pour on his pancakes at the same time as Alvise, their hands brush together, as they look at each other, there is an awkward pause in the room, before Alvise hurriedly takes his hand away from the bottle, letting Kai take it.

Trying to cut the tension in the room, my father clears his throat and speaks up, "So what do you kids have planned for today?" I turn towards Kai as he takes out his phone and pulls out our planner.

"We've got a meeting with Marco after breakfast, negotiations, that's mostly it for today." There is a collective dropping of cutlery around as we look at my family with their mouths open.

"Marco, as in the guy who works for Petrov, the fucking Russian mafia?" My father asks and I simply nod. "No you're not going." And I laugh so hard that almost choke and Kai has to rub my back to help me swallow my food.

"What?" I ask my father. "Would you like me to show you my back again father?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "Well then I think you remember quit clearly what I am capable of, so I will be going to that meeting, but you know, you guys are more than welcome to join."

And after a moment of hesitation my father nods his head, "Okay then, we will go with you."

—————————————

Nothing much to say this time!

Tell me what you thought of the chapter!

Love you all!!💕💕✨✨