Chapter 6

Angy cringed at being caught red-handed. Its not that.

Then what is it? Drew pressed.

I won. Kyle suddenly whispered to Alex, not so quietly.

Alex glanced at the screen, then back at Kyle. You cheated. He pointed out bleakly, throwing the console somewhere on the couch.

Kyle shrugged. You were the one who was distracted. Blame yourself for your loss.

Will you both be quiet? Angys about to say something. Drew scowled and two boys raised their hands in surrender. Clicking his tongue in mock disapproval, he turned his attention back to Angy.

Angy shifted in her seat, her eyes darting between the boys. I dont exactly know how to feel about it. I dont know if its a good thing or not.

How can going to school not be a good thing? And its our final year too, you wouldnt want to spend your final year at home, would you? Drew raised a questioning brow.

Therell be a lot of people. Angy rubbed her palms on her sweatpants clad thigh. Im not exactly good with people. It is going to be crowded.

Youll be fine, Angy. Think of it as another obstacle you have to overcome. Kyle folded his arms.

It is not that easy, Kyle. Angy breathed.

Do not stress your precious little heart about it. I promise to take care of you. Drew paused to place his hand on his chest dramatically as if pledging his loyalty. Our two weeks of friendship shall prevail against all odds, My Lady. He nodded sagely followed by a brief bow.

It was true that theyd been friends for two weeks now. Truth be told, Angy found the boys company to be quite an interesting one. Kyle too. Although, things were still a bit awkward between she and Kyle, it was nothing too serious. She couldnt deny that being friends with them actually made her more at ease with living in Alexs house.

Thank you, Drew. She said sincerely, knowing that his words were genuine.

Youll be safe, Angy. I promise you. Alex said, staring at her intensely.

Angy stared back, holding his gaze for a moment. She could only hum in response to his words. She hoped Alex was right. She hadnt been out of the house since Alex had brought her here and she wasnt sure of what to feel about going out of the house. She wasn't exactly eager to find out what awaited her outside the safety of the house either.. She sighed.

Dont be depressed, Angy. I'd love to hand you a candy but I don't have any more with me. Drew pouted and got up to crouch beside Angy. What do you think about playing a game?

What? Angy squeaked out unintentionally.

Do you know how to handle consoles? Drew raised his brows.
Yeah, I guess. Angy replied, still confused.

Then, I have something to keep you occupied. Come on. He pulled her to her feet and ushered her to the long couch where Kyle and Alex were already seated. Scoot over, boys. Drew gestured, after which he allowed Angy to sit beside him.

What do you think youre doing, Drew? Kyle frowned.

Youll see. He said with a cheeky smile, then, turned to Angy. By the way, Youre on my team. He handed her a console.

Angy twisted the console around her fingers, staring at it curiously. Why are you giving me this?

Were playing a game and youd need that, dearest friend. He said with a broad smile. Turning to the boys, he gestured with the console in his hand.

What do you both think of a match. You two versus Angy and I. Drew said, wiggling his brows with a smirk.

Kyle let out a conceited laugh. Well defeat you both and leave no crumbs.