Chapter 9: Lost in the Woods

——————————☃️——————————

At the Northuldra camp, Olaf was sitting with a bunch of little kids, talking to them as they curiously examined him.

"Hey, let me ask you. How do you guys cope with the ever increasing complexity of thought that comes with maturity?" He asked.

The kids didn't answer. They were to busy taking his arms. One kid grabbed his nose and shoved it in their own.

"Brilliant!" Olaf exclaimed, as a kid stuck his arm through his head. "It's so refreshing to talk to the youth of today. Our future's in good hands." One kid grabbed Olaf's foot and went to put it in his mouth. "Oh, no, no. Don't chew that. You don't know what I've stepped in."

...

Kristoff and Ryder walked around the camp together with Sven in tow, and Kristoff was telling him how he was struggling to ask Anna to marry him.

"I can't seem to get her attention. Or even say the right thing." He sighed.

"Well, your in luck." Ryder told him. "I know nothing about women. But I do know that we have the most amazing way of proposing. If we start now, we'll be ready by dawn." He suggested.

"Really?"

"Best part, it involves a lot of reindeer."

That really seemed to get Kristoff's attention, and the three of them started sneaking away to go set it up.

...

Anna stood with Lieutenant Mattias a little outside the camp.

"Hey, back home...Halima still over at Hudson's Hearth?" He asked.

Anna nodded. "She is."

"She married?" He quickly questioned.

Anna shook her head.

"Oh wow. Why didn't that make me feel better?" He muttered to himself.

"What else do you miss?"

"My father. He passed long before all of this. He was a great man. Built us a good life back in Arendelle. But taught me to never take the good for granted. He's say 'Be prepared. Just when you think you've found your way, life will throw you onto a new path.'" He recited.

"What do you do when it does?" Anna asks him.

"Don't give up. Take it one step at a time and..."

"Just do the next right thing?" Anna finished.

"Yeah. You got it." Mattias told Anna, making her giggle.

...

Elias and (Y/n) sat next to each other with Honeymaren by a fire, a baby reindeer laying it's head on (Y/n)'s lap.

"I wanna show you something." Honeymaren said, gesturing to his mother's scarf that was now around (Y/n)'s shoulders. "May I?"

(Y/n) removed the scarf from her shoulders and set it in her lap. Along the scarf was a pattern of snowflakes that all held the symbols of the elements on it.