Chapter 1

Turns out, Tanjiro had to wait 6 more years before he could apply to UA. He had to create a whole new persona because he was worried that by using his real name, it could be tracked back or recognized. Of course, the Demon Slayer Corps were not acknowledged by the government, but he didn't want to take any risks. He ended up using the name, Sumihiko Tomioka. The reason he chose Tomioka for his last name was to honor the one who he admired amongst the hashira, and with Sumihiko, he didn't really understand it, but it felt right. Though, after 6 years of waiting, Tanjiro, or Sumihiko now, was able to apply for UA.

-------------------------

So this is UA, it's huge, Sumihiko marveled at the massive structure before him. It was shaped like a large "H" and surrounded by a high-tech wall. Sumihiko glanced around at the other students who were also applying for the hero school. They all varied in looks, some looking more interesting than others, but they all had the same hopeful look on their face. 

Sumihiko smiled to himself and proceeded to walk up the check-in table. The two people there looked quite interesting. One was a man who had his blonde hair swooped up, almost like a cockatoo, and a leather jacket and pants. He also had a pair of dark sunglasses covering his eyes. The other was a woman with navy blue hair and a rather...tight bodysuit on. Sumihiko made sure not to look too long. 

The woman gave a smile, "Hello there, dear, what's your first and last name so we can get you signed in?"

"Sumihiko Tomioka," Sumihiko replied, returning her smile with a gentle one of his own.

She gave a nod before looking at the list she had, finding his name, and putting a check next to it. The blonde man looked at the list before turning to the pamphlets in front of him. He grabbed one and handed it to Sumihiko, "Good luck out there, little listener." 

Again, Sumihiko gave him the same smile and a nod, bidding the two a good day before walking into the building. He found the classroom that he was supposed to go to and entered. There were a couple other students in there, all of them turning to look at him. Ignoring the stares, he walked over to a desk and sat down, resting his head on his hand. 

After 30 minutes, the teacher that would be overseeing their exam entered the room. It was a man in a large trench coat that covered most of his body, which was a navy blue in color. He had blank white eyes and a pure white smile decorating his face. He states that they would have 2 hours to complete the test and that if they finish early, they can leave the room.

Once Sumihiko received his test, he immediately began working on it. The questions weren't too hard, especially the ones about heroes and the history of them. Being 400 years old definitely came in handy with those categories. However, some of the other subjects did trip Sumihiko up a bit, but he thought he did pretty well overall. He turned in the test with 30 minutes to spare and the teacher directed him to the auditorium where he'd hear the directions for the practical exam. 

When he got to the auditorium, there weren't too many people there, but Sumihiko decided to sit next to a teen with fluffy, green hair. The teen quickly looked over, somewhat startled, but his anxious green eyes were met with mellow plum ones. Sumihiko could smell the anxiety radiating off the boy, it kinda reminded him of Zenitsu a bit. Feeling the nostalgia eating away at him, he gave the boy a reassuring smile and decided to make some conversation with him while they wait.

"Hello, I'm Sumihiko Tomioka, what's your name?" Sumihiko started out simple, not wanting to be too forceful. 

The teen's expression changed from anxious to shock, and his scent changed to surprise. "H-h-hi, I-I'm Izuku Midoriya. It's n-nice to meet you."