Chapter 12 - Liaison

Percy stood strong in the center of the throne room, despite feeling anything but. He had just taken on Gaea with Leo, who had perished in a fiery ball of flames. He was feeling terrible for not saving his friend. It didn't help that he hadn't had any physical affection since he had been sent on his mission, the longest time without since he began living in Atlantis.

Nico must have sensed his thoughts, because, only seconds later, a hand slipped into his own and Nico's small frame burrowed into his side. Luckily, no one questioned the act of affection as Percy relaxed.

"We have called you all here today to receive your rewards for your service to Olympus!" Zeus said loudly, looking down at the two cousins fondly. He would never admit it, but he has grown to care for them more than his own children after all the galas and such they had attended on behalf of their fathers.

The demigods looked up proudly. They had fought hard to achieve what they had.

"Perseus Jackson, step forward," Zeus said.

Percy rolled his eyes and detached from his cousin. He stepped forward and looked Zeus in the eye as he knelt.

"For your service in two wars, we have decided that you will become a god and our liaison with demigods and mortals alike," Zeus announced. "You are also given one wish that you may use at any time."

Percy nodded in acceptance and rose as the Fates stepped forward. He knelt in front of them as they held up his string. They chanted something and he watched in awe as his string turned golden. He felt his blood being replaced by ichor and was surprised at how painless the process was.

"All hail Perseus, Second Prince of Atlantis, God of Heroes, Loyalty, and Elements."

Everyone bowed as Percy's beaten battle armor changed into more regal armor that was clearly meant for ceremonial purposes but could be used in battle.

"Nico di Angelo, step forward. For your service in two wars, we have decided to grant you godhood and the position of Ambassador of Olympus. You will also receive one wish you can use at any time."

"All hail Nico, God of Necromancy and Sacrifice."

Luke, Jason, and Reyna received the same. Piper, Frank, Hazel, and Coach Hedge each received a wish to use at any time.

Finally, the ceremony was over and Percy was allowed to leave while everyone danced the night away.

Just as he was about to slip away to try and find Kym to latch onto, Nico latched himself onto Percy, wrapping his legs around his waist and hugging him from the side. "Hey, Perce. Off to see your boyfriend?"

Percy rolled his eyes and began walking out to the garden balcony. "Kaldur is not my boyfriend, he's my betrothed," he said once they were alone.

Nico's eyes widened. "You're engaged?"

"Mother and Father chose Kaldur as my husband-to-be just after my sixteenth birthday, as your father will choose a suitor for you if you are not dating by then."

Nico sighed. "I suppose I'll just have to get a boyfriend, then."

Percy laughed. "You wanna visit Kal with me?"

Nico frowned. "Is visiting him really the best idea right now? I'm just saying that perhaps both of us should take some time before we leave Olympus. We don't have full control of your godly abilities and it would be dangerous to be around mortals."

"You're right. I don't want to vaporize him by accidentally releasing my true form. Thanks, Neeks."

Nico burrowed himself further into his cousin and smiled. "No problem, Perce."