Loneliness

Oscar swung the Long Memory at a ursa grim before flipping over it, landing behind it and hitting it on the back with a aura powered swing, killing it. Oscar sighed in relief that the last one was dead. He walked to the door and left the training room. It had been a few weeks since they arrived in Atlas, Oscar was improving very quickly in his training, the others were ignoring him even more than they did ever since they became licensed huntsmen and huntreses so Oscar was putting his all into training. He was becoming very exceptional in fighting other people, he was also quite good at killing grim too. Ironwood taught him privately sometimes, he suspected it was because of Ozpin but Oscar thought it was also because he was slightly impressed with Oscar's skills. He was almost as good as the others and he was only 14(almost 15).
Oscar wasn't the best at fighting with other people though, he found it hard to know what the others were doing and wanted him to do while he was also worrying about what he was doing. He could do it, but he definitely wasn't as good at it as he was by himself, and since the others were gone almost all of the time now he couldn't exactly train with other people anymore. It seemed like Winter was starting to take interest in his training and has trained him a few times. Oscar had a respect for her skills, she was a very good fighter and since Oscar used his cane like he would use a sword her training lessons were quite helpful.
Oscar went to the cafeteria and got some lunch to take with him as he went on a walk. He shivered slightly from the cold of the outside. Oscar walked throughout the city and stopped to look at some planes that flew above him. He decided to go out farther where there wasn't any civilization, it was just snow and ice. The cold made Oscar's blood flow, it axerelated him making Oscar want to run. He picked up his pace till he started running. He ran till he got tired and stopped at a small mound of snow. Catching his breath he scanned the area, there was nothing but snow for miles.
Oscar turned around when he heard A faint growl. Turning around he saw about 15-20 beowulfs. He gulped before one lunged at him, Oscar grabbed the Long Memory and blocked it, jumped over it while hitting it on the back, killing it instantly, as he was above it. Before Oscar had time to recover after he landed, another one backhanded him into the snow. He grunted, before getting up to swing at it making it hit two others and launched them into the sky. He turned around and ran under one that had jumped at him and hit it on the stomach with his cane then turned around once it got over him before hitting it the back with the cane, killing it on impact. 5 down about 12 more to go.
He charged at the one in front of him stabbed it with Long Memory then turned to his right and hit the other one next it on the head as he jumped over it, using it to propel himself up to and on top of another one. He hit then jumped off hit it on the side then its face. The one he had jumped on earlier for him and knocked him down. His arms were immobile so he kicked it in the stomach with an aura powered kick and quickly got up to punch one in the face. As one ran at him it kicked his cane away making Oscar have to fight with his hands. He shrugged, before he dodged one that was behind him, as its arm flew past him Oscar grabbed it and flipped the grim over, slamming it on the ground then using it to hit another one. One hit him on the back, surprising Oscar. He jumped up, head butting the grim, then somersaulted to Long Memory and grabbed it. He uppercut one as he turned around. Using the cane he bounced it on the ground and went in the air and slammed the ground around the grim making them all fly up. Oscar swung at all of them as they were in the air making them hit each other before batting them away like a baseball.
Oscar sighed in relief. His aura was almost run out and he still had to make the journey back to the city. He thought he heard some footsteps and then He heard clapping in the distance, startling him. He turned around to see Ruby and Penny walking up to him. Oscar at looked at them in surprise, how long had they been watching him? Did Ruby see him fighting the grim the whole time. "What are you two doing here?" He asked them as they got closer.
Ruby responded to him first, "We were doing border patrol when we heard beowulfs howling so we ran to the sound it was coming from and saw you fighting them. We uh..."
"Ruby was impressed with your skills and wanted to watch how you fought them off." Penny told him for Ruby. Oscar laughed a bit at that but was secretly proud that Ruby saw him defeat all the grim. " I uh haven't seen you train in a while and I wanted to see how you've improved" she said quickly trying to come up with a excuse for watching him. "Right." Oscar replied. "I better get back to Atlas, I have a lesson with Winter soon"
"Oh uh right yea you should probably get there she doesn't seem like the type to forgive students for being late" Ruby said awkwardly, putting her hand behind her head in a embarrassed gesture. "It was nice seeing you Oscar" Penny happily saluted to him.
Oscar nodded in response then walked away back to Atlas.

〰 〰 〰 〰 〰
Oscar was sore all over. After training early in the day then killing all of those beowulfs and then coming back to do a lesson with Winter. It was only 9:00 but Oscar was ready to just plop down in bed. He was so freaking tired he could sleep for a month. Oscar was about to lay in bed before someone barged into his room. He didn't have any time to look at them before they lunged at him with a sword that appeared to be coming out of.... a umbrella? He was instantly knocked unconscious by their attack and fell to the floor.

(Sorry I know this chapter is short. This is honestly mostly just filler so sorry about that. Since its going more and more off canon its getting harder to write each chapter. Also I wrote for four hours today and have reached a writers block so just bear with me. Trust me this is about to pick up soon maybe like 2-3 more chapters :D)