Chapter 12: Polar bear

"Hey Lilly, for the ski trip do you think we get could share a room?" I ask as we are hanging out because our mothers are hanging out

"I don't think we get to pick." She giggles as she texts on her phone.

"Who are you texting?" I ask.

"Janet."

"Lilly why are you friends with her?"

"She's nice."

"She fucking assaulted Arlo, and then fucking left Eva fucking naked!"

"There's no need to be such a bitch Nellie."

"There's no need to be friends with an assaulter."

She stared at me with anger.

I don't back down.

What she's doing isn't okay.

"Fuck you." She sneers and walks out of my bedroom downstairs.

I hear words between our mothers whispered and the front door close.

I continue folding my clothes and packing them in my suitcase for the school trip.

My mum comes in, my step-dad trailing behind.

I begin to wonder where Oakley is. I wish he was here to back me up.

I stand up and i feel my body shake. I'm so stressed. I know my blood sugar is high, i know the feeling.

"Sit down, honey." My mum says.

I sit down in the bed and wipe my tears. I don't even know why i'm crying.

I feel so sick.

"What's happened between you and Lilly?" My step-dad says, "You've been best friends forever." He hasn't even known me forever.

"She's hanging out with a stupid bitch girl."

They nod with concerned faces.

"Do you really wanna go on the trip?" My mum asks.

"Yes, i do."

I promised Henry I'd go, so i'll go.

~~

The plane ride was long and tiring. Arlo got lost in the airport looking at food, i got patted down by the cops for no reason and it's a lot.

But as soon as we reach the place we are staying at, it's beautiful.

We are staying in a hotel right next to the ski slopes and it's amazing.

"Okay, everyone gather round, and i'll tell you who your room partner is for the week."

She begins reading, i don't really listen. But there is two names that catch my attention.

"Janet and Lilly."