-3-

3.

Making my way towards the car, instantaneously I opened the door and sat on the passenger seat

Making my way towards the car, instantaneously I opened the door and sat on the passenger seat. I observed through the car window Evan impulsively making his way towards this direction. Swiftly opening the door, he sat in his seat while wearing the seat belt.

"It was really fun today, right?" Evan said, sounding exhilarated. I just folded my arms and looked straight while just nodding my head in a manner. "Hey, what happened?" "Since the party has ended you seem preoccupied with something?"

I snorted and turned my head slowly towards him while facing him and getting a clear look at his face. "I'm just tired." I lied. "Sure?" "Yes, "I'm just tired." "I had a rough day in the clinic." Once again I lied.  "Hmm then let's go home." "Both of us have work tomorrow." He spoke while gently passing me a warm smile as I blinked my eyes.

After half an hour,

We reached my place. I held my purse and moved ahead to open the door of the car. Suddenly my wrist was held by Evan, making me stop in my tracts.

Turning my head towards him, my eyes perceived onto the wrist he was holding. He immediately let it free and said "I wanted to thank you for coming tonight." "Hmm, thank you won't be enough." "I need something in return." "Don't worry I will get your favourite food from your favourite restaurant okay?"

"Hmm that will work for now." I said and opened the gate of the car. While I turned and shut the door. "Get a good sleep," I said. As I was about to turn around he suddenly blurted. "Though it was hard to find this dress, I knew you were gonna look really pretty in it." Before I could acknowledge he held the steering wheel, promptly left the place.

A soft smile appeared on my face knowing it was him behind getting my favourite dress.

I stepped inside the house. The lights were dimmed and as I anticipated she was asleep. I sat on the couch and restlessly closed my eyes encountering my first meeting after 8 years with
Ryan.

I really have a lot of questions in my head regarding him.